"upload GpsWorkoutData" failed- Garmin 305- Mac (Read 771 times)

I'm using Firefox 3.5.7,  Mac OS 10.5.8.   Garmin 305 Forerunner.   305 syncs and says "dowloading tracks" and completes that but errors out on "receiving workouts".

It gives me the following dialuge box:

the page at http://www.runneringahead.com says:

The server method 'uploadGpsWorkout Data' failed.

I am also getting this error message with Mac 10.5.8 and Firefox 3.5.7.

My workouts still seem to get uploaded though.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

I'm seeing this too... on Mac OS X 10.6.2 and Firefox 3.6.
        eric :)

I made another change hoping that it will fix the problem.  Please give it a try and let me know how it turned out.
          stevekn

I have just found your site and uploaded my 305 using my Mac OS10.6.2 and Safari 4.04

I get 4 activities uploading from from last month (January) then the "uploadGpsWorkout Data" error.

Steve

I haven't had any problems. I continue to love this site and my mac. I'm using Mac OS10.6.2, Safari 4.04 and Garmin 205 Forerunner.

stevekn

Sorry to answer my own posting.

The problem seems to be that only 4  activities are uploaded at each attempt

I repeatedly ran the upload getting the error each time, but each time 4 more activities were uploaded, until my 305's history was all uploaded.

Hope this helps find the error

Steve

I have a new theory and will try to reproduce the problem tonight.  Stay tuned.

tenacity

Haven't investigated thoroughly, but I'm having the same problem... Mac OS 10.5.8, Firefox 3.5.7, Garmin 405, Garmin ANT agent (usb wireless) 2.1.4
                    evanflein

I was getting the same error as the O.P. but I'm using Safari. The weird thing is, the workouts seem to load just fine, almost better than before (I don't have to click out of the upload page to get it to show "workouts ready").
                      kjgienapp

Haven't investigated thoroughly, but I'm having the same problem... Mac OS 10.5.8, Firefox 3.5.7, Garmin 405, Garmin ANT agent (usb wireless) 2.1.4

I've had the same problem but my runs load just fine. I have Mac OS 10.6.2 Firefox 3.6 Garmin 405, USB 2.1.4

PRs: mile: 4:30.2 3k: 9:00.8 5k: 15:33.4 8k: 25:50.3 10k: 32:57.7 13.1: 1:14:38.4 30k: 1:56:34.2 26.2: 3:52:14.8

I finally reproduced the problem tonight.  I won't get into the specifics because the problem is very subtle.  I have uploaded the fix.  Let me know if it works for you.

eric :-)

tenacity

Works perfectly for me now. Thx.

Gary

Worked perfectly for me too.

Thanks once again Eric for such a great site and for your dedication to sorting out all of our technical queries/problems.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."