Who doesnt listen to music while running? (Read 3009 times)

Maggie & Molly

i only listen on treadmills

me too.  Used to run with my Ipod all the time but while training for a race where I would be meeting up with a bunch of RA people I started running without it.  Now I dont' ever use music if I am outside. 

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

tomatolover

I can't listen to music unless I'm racing or REALLY in the mood...i do love listening to my local NPR stations (i'm a total news junkie) and will rather zone out to Terry Gross than a backbeat anyday...

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I sometimes want my iPod and other times won't. I don't listen to music even with the iPod though - I listen to podcasts such as "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!," "Car Talk," "Vinyl Cafe," etc. Also listen to live NPR news and talk on my local station. Listening to music is hard for me because I want to keep up with the beat - and that doesn't often sync well with my stride.

TRUST THE PROCESS

I can't listen to music unless I'm racing or REALLY in the mood...i do love listening to my local NPR stations (i'm a total news junkie) and will rather zone out to Terry Gross than a backbeat anyday...

I listen to music only during races.  I did PR a 5K though when I forgot my MP3.  Maybe I should ditch it for future races.  It was amazing how loud I am when I'm racing.  Never realized it until the headphones weren't there.  During my training runs, I usually listen to ESPN radio.  I'm a sports talk junkie.

Man in Tights

There is a top 10 songs list for running out there and there are some good songs on it. For me I can't listen to music and run. I'm a no music person, no matter how far the run. I just fade my mind out and run. I have no problem hitting or holding pace. Who else runs without music? Am I the only crazy minded person?

I love music but when i run i love the music of my footfall. 

fast momma!

I have a cell phone with my music on it and speakers. I am treadmillin' it for the winter, so i just put it on the treadmill and go. I don't like the earbuds outside. so i usually ditch the music or stash the phone in my bra Shocked

2011 goals: sub 60min 10K

√ run 1st HM (May 29)

I love music but when i run i love the music of my footfall. 

omigosh, the sound of my footfall can drive my absolutely batty when I'm running. Probably because it's more of a thump thump thump.

#artbydmcbride

I have a cell phone with my music on it and speakers. I am treadmillin' it for the winter, so i just put it on the treadmill and go. I don't like the earbuds outside. so i usually ditch the music or stash the phone in my bra Shocked

do you worry about sweat affecting it?

Runners run

do you worry about sweat affecting it?

L Train?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Menace to Sobriety

Sometimes on the treadmill, but that's because the idiot next to me has his Padpod cranked up to level 10 and I can hear everything as plain as day. Sometimes they even sing along.  I've found that if I sing along too, they usually turn it down, or move to another TM.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

While I could foresee a situation where I might listen to a podcast or audiobook while running (such as a long run on a dreadmill or indoor track) I have yet to actually do so.

I never run with headphones outside and other than (occasionally) on the treadmill rarely wear them inside.

I don't listen to music very often under the best of circumstances these days...when I was getting married, the DJ got confused when we told him that our favorite radio stations wouldn't help him pick out a play list (at the time, my wife listened to NPR and I listened to sports talk radio.)

Run to Win
                        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

While I could foresee a situation where I might listen to a podcast or audiobook while running (such as a long run on a dreadmill or indoor track) I have yet to actually do so.

I never run with headphones outside and other than (occasionally) on the treadmill rarely wear them inside.

I don't listen to music very often under the best of circumstances these days...when I was getting married, the DJ got confused when we told him that our favorite radio stations wouldn't help him pick out a play list (at the time, my wife listened to NPR and I listened to sports talk radio.)

NPR  PODCAST ! Big grin

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Very often you find me on a treadmill with an iPOD and, furthermore, you7 will find Gwen Stefani on my playlist! I'M ON A BOAT! What! what!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Menace to Sobriety

Very often you find me on a treadmill with an iPOD and, furthermore, you7 will find Gwen Stefani on my playlist! I'M ON A BOAT! What! what!

Wearin' flippy floppies?

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

hokiemamba

I stopped listening to music when running for safety reasons when I had to run before dawn a few months ago. I was surprised about how much I enjoyed it.  Now, I rarely put on the headphones.