Race Eve Meals? (Read 811 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What are your faves? I have found that I seem to do well eating french toast and bacon the night before a race...and then we always make extra so I can have a couple slices of french toast reheated in the nuker for breakfast on race day. This seems to be my magic meal. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Night before: Pizza Morning of: Banana, cereal bar, a little bit of coffee, water

Michelle

Night before: Chinese food Morning off : Honey Nut Shredded wheat, coffee and a banana

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Night before: pasta with tomato and bacon, or chicken risotto Morning of: cereal (normally berry weet-bix), coffee, water
            Night before: whole wheat pasta, red sauce/no meat and salad Morning of: (depends on distance) 5k is usually just coffee and a Luna Bar..longer races, I'll force myself to eat toast and banana(s). Ugh.

Night before: cereal and banana: Morning of: small bowl of old fashioned oats with honey
              2009: BQ?
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Gotta have a beer.
                  Gotta have a beer.
                  Truer words have never been spoke. Smile
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Gotta have a beer.
                    Well...duh! Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Me and my RP

Oddly enough, I don't have 'set' meals before races. However, the morning of a race I only drink water. I don't ever eat breakfast so I get nervous that it might make my stomach a bit Dead ... I think I had a house salad and a handful of fries the night before my half this past weekendSmile
                        Oddly enough, I don't have 'set' meals before races.
                        Doesn't sound odd to me. I eat maybe 60-70% carbs all the time anyway, so the only thing different I do the night before a race is make sure not to eat too much of anything that gives me indigestion. The morning of I might have a gatorade plus whatever is around. Someone here on RA (va/Stephen, maybe) gave me the idea to eat pop tarts - so if the kids don't wolf them down I may have a pack of these too.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Imminent Catastrophe

Gotta have a beer.
                          Yeah, beer. It's carbs, right? Morning of: A bottle of Ensure, banana and coffee, maybe a bagel. Not closer than 2 hours before the start.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

madness baby

Night before: Whatever I want and however much I want. With a large glass of wine. And water. Morning of: 1 of hubs' delicious homecooked canadian bacon, egg & cheese sandwiches, coffee.
                            deb
                              Deb, I am curious what makes it Canadian bacon? Does it come from Canada? Are the swine blessed with a profoundly funny sense of humour? Do they say 'eh' insteand of 'oink'? I digress... For me, 1-2 packets of Quaker Instant Oatmeal, a banana and a pint of orange Gatorade.
                                I am curious what makes it Canadian bacon?
                                I think it's the flannel.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?