Fat and Lazy (Read 1128 times)

DoppleBock

Anyone invent a magic pill for people like me yet?  No I am not looking to become a meth head or a crack addict.

I used to have success before they banned the ephedra based metabo-life.  It took my appetite away and made me angry and irritable.

Anyone have success with any current nutri-ceuticals?

Yes-Yes, I know eat less, drink less alchohol or work out more.  I have been trying that for 9+ years.  I have a completely fair metabolism, so my fatness is totally from more calories in than I want to be eating or drinking.

I hear lipo hurts?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

You know, to 99% of even RunningAhead's population, someone could say "Run more."

That doesn't really work here, DB.

The Hacker's Diet and its tools have been the real source of my modest successes.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
      Emil Zatopek

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I don't know, but I would join your fat and lazy support group.  Actually, I'm mostly injured, fat, and lazy at the moment. 

Running is dumb.

DoppleBock

I can put on 5# a week in injury times ... Maybe I should know - But what is your injury?  If you are not making progress - 

http://naturalrunningcenter.com/columnists/bryan-heiderscheit/

This guy is a magician -

I don't know, but I would join your fat and lazy support group.  Actually, I'm mostly injured, fat, and lazy at the moment. 

xor

steam room.

sweat it out.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

The Hacker's Diet and its tools have been the real source of my modest successes.

+1 for The Hacker's Diet. I really like their weight tracking log.

I also use My Fitness Pal to track calories. It's very enlightening to see your net calories each day when tracking calories consumed vs calories burned. After using it for a while you get a better feel for how many calories you're consuming vs burning. It caused me to make some slight changes in my eating habits. Nothing major, but enough to make a difference.

I've used these two tools to help me drop 40 lbs.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

DoppleBock

I will look into this - My issue is not tracking calories or activity - I have a spreadsheet that I can do that with that historically has been 95% accurate to net calories to weight loss or weight gain.  It is more controlling the urge to eat - I do not experience satisfaction in anything, just uncontrollable desire ... 

+1 for The Hacker's Diet. I really like their weight tracking log.

I also use My Fitness Pal to track calories. It's very enlightening to see your net calories each day when tracking calories consumed vs calories burned. After using it for a while you get a better feel for how many calories you're consuming vs burning. It caused me to make some slight changes in my eating habits. Nothing major, but enough to make a difference.

I've used these two tools to help me drop 40 lbs.

I like MyFitnessPal as well, but I found the most interesting aspect of it relates to the other balancing items.  For example, the "Sodium" intake or the "Potasium" intake per day and the things you need to consume and seek out to consume in order to balance your diet.  I found that I was constantly short on potasium every day and I had to tweak and modify my diet in order get enough.

I like the bar code scanner and the recipe making options as well. 

WIth that being said, after about 6 weeks of it, I quit cold turkey.... Actually, that happened to be Thanksgiving week that I quit cold turkey.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

I will look into this - My issue is not tracking calories or activity - I have a spreadsheet that I can do that with that historically has been 95% accurate to net calories to weight loss or weight gain.  It is more controlling the urge to eat - I do not experience satisfaction in anything, just uncontrollable desire ... 

I don't run your mileage, but I hear you.  I am hungry 95% of the time, regardless of how much I do or don't eat.  If I eat until full, I will gain weight quickly.  

High protein/fiber foods--particularly raw ones--seem to keep me feeling full longer, but not really by a huge margin.

If you find an appetite solution...I would love to know.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                    Emil Zatopek

Slice

When I have one of my "bottomless pit" days I drink a Fat Tire. It is seriously the only thing that will fill me up. But just 1 or you're better off eating. I try to chew gum rather than eat when I should not theoretically be hungry, but that is still miserable. The thing that seems to curb my husband's appetite is when I try a new and healthy recipe that is an epic failure.

MTA: Fixed stupid speech to text issues.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I try to to come rather than eat when I should not theoretically be hungry, but that is still miserable.

Um...um...what?

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

bhearn

Same here. I went from 215 to 165 using the Hacker's Diet 12 years ago, and have kept it off.

I haven't found any of the weight- and calorie-tracking iPhone apps to be usable. None of them carry over calorie excess / deficit to the next day.

Intentionally Blank

Have you thought about generic wellbutrin? Some folksuse it to curb smoking urges, and appaarently has an appetite surpressing side effect.

Jane

For me the key is finding something to kill the desire to eat when I just want too (not when I need too) what does work for me at night (which is when I get the muchies) is to make aand drink hot tea, there is something about having to go through the steps and then drinking it that gives me enough "to do" to kill the need to munch. 

Never run, if you want to never run, don't start because you'll never stop.

DoppleBock

Now there is someone that understands the spirit of my question - I am fat and lazy !!! I just want a pill to take care of it. 

Have you thought about generic wellbutrin? Some folksuse it to curb smoking urges, and appaarently has an appetite surpressing side effect.