Muscle fatigue (Read 122 times)

Gizmo2019

i'm sure you could finish a marathon with that type of training....

Thanks christirei, that’s great and motivating to hear! Your initial post made a big difference in my thinking. I got too caught up with “winning” (winning nothing really).

Gizmo2019

Great, stick with it and don't have mindset of beating previous work outs or you will be back walking again, That is also a "racing in training mentality". I would rather you just do a race. Also, let's get super fit on flat running before worrying about doing inclines on treadmill Smile

.5 % incline is just fine.

Ok, got it. Thank you again!!

mdolley

Funky kicks 2019

If there were another local mommy you and she could trade babysitting once per week to get in a long run outside Smile

Gizmo2019

If there were another local mommy you and she could trade babysitting once per week to get in a long run outside Smile

For sure I’d do this! Do you live around me ?!? 😂😉

Christirei

there should be some ways you could look for a "running parner" of this type... are there any local running clubs around you? if you aren't sure is there a local running store? they probably have info on the running clubs in your area. You should be able to post or check with runners in the club about trading babysitting for running time. you might even find a partner who will meet you for early morning runs which could make a huge difference in helping you get motivated and get into the routine. Having a partner waiting for you has a way of making you feel accountable!

If there aren't any local running clubs check around for MOPS groups or other young child centered groups/get together. You might even be able to post an "ad" at the local library

Gizmo2019

there should be some ways you could look for a "running parner" of this type... are there any local running clubs around you? 

If there aren't any local running clubs check around for MOPS groups or other young child centered groups/get together. You might even be able to post an "ad" at the local library

Great ideas. Yes we have a running club. All sorts. I looked into them but they just don’t work with me (the scheduled and unscheduled runs). My time is just so inflexible right now with the 4 kids, house, life, blah blah. It would be very ideal if I had someone to both push me along and I push them. Honestly I’d much prefer a good friend to watch my kid who has actually offered but I can’t accept it bc I just don’t feel right about it. My kid my responsibility mentality here, and now my “luxury” sport. But I may look into dropping him off at the preschool I used for my older kids, maybe later on, Maybe a day or 2 a week when race timegets closer. I send my kids to preschool when they are 4. I “homeschool” them from about 2.5-5 (in addition to 4 yr old preschool). Saves a year of crazy tuition and I’m too attached. I do struggle with deciding to doing things for myself vs being there for the kids every moment. At this moment it’s not affecting the family life too much, but as I increase miles and need to road run more, I’ll have to kind of try to let go I guess and finish the race!

the one thing I will have tho is Saturday and Sunday mornings and every once in a while Friday mornings too.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

Can’t your husband watch them?

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Gizmo2019

Can’t your husband watch them?

Yes, when I leave on weekend mornings, he will. Weekdays he leaves for work super early. But even so (on weekends) I hate missing out on things...🙄😬 I used to get up early a few yrs ago when the kids were younger and I’d be back just as they woke up or got around to wanting to be fed...then I injured my knee bc I was doing it all wrong...no stretching, too fast, no daily strengthening. So I went to the treadmill. My marathon goal was far away at that time. It was just fitness.

this time I’m more committed. And I’ve got a goal (makes exercising more motivational). We’ve already discussed logistics of which race would be best (local vs flying), my husband is working out whether to drive in to greet me at finish line or stay the night before. He’s supportive. Like I said I just have to let go of my number one priority. I’ve been primarily a mother 24/7 for 10 years. I trust my husband but he’s not me. 😉 but honestly for running outside (and indoors) I prefer early mornings. The problem I have is I won’t be able to space my runs out just yet (wknds only). Working on it.