Catholic Conference Relays- Are you kidding me????? (Read 818 times)

Okay, this is probably the craziest thing that will ever happen to me in my life. I ran in the Freshman mile today, trying to break 5:00, and I got 5:00.00 exactly. No kidding, my coach showed me his stopwatch. On the bright side, it is a PR for me, but it is still frustrating, how does he stop it at EXACTLY five minutes? Honestly, I didn't think this was humanly possible. I nearly beat one of the four best freshmen on our team, but he just pulled ahead in the last 10 or so meters, which is another good thing about this race. It was pretty much a full out sprint down the front straightaway, but he just had me near the end... As for the other really good guys on our team, we saw a few 4:55s in the freshman mile. Unfortunately, one of best freshmen who runs the 800 is on vacation in Italy, so he wasn't there (hmph... excuses Big grin ) I was impressed with one of our freshmen, who won the Frosh 400 (not sure about the time). We also won the 4X100 relay. It was a great meet, as the best team in the state, St. Johns Shrewsbury (MA), was invited as a league guest, making it much more exciting. The good news? My coach told me that the school record holder in the mile didn't break 5:00 as a freshman, and his first sub-5:00 mile was in the two mile...
    PRs: 1000: 3:01 1 Mile: 4:55 2 Mile: 10:55 2009 Goals: Sub 4:50 mile, 2:50 1000 meter, Good first real XC season

The Greatest of All Time

I ran in the Freshman mile today, trying to break 5:00, and I got 5:00.00 exactly. The good news? My coach told me that the school record holder in the mile didn't break 5:00 as a freshman, and his first sub-5:00 mile was in the two mile...
      Awesome. Keep working hard. You obviously have some talent and have a bright future if you put in the work. Good genes will only take you so far. The rest is up to you. Congratulations!
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Lazy idiot

Nice job, dude. Perhaps some day I will get some times down there! Keep up the hard work, and sub-5:00 will be yours. No doubt.

Tick tock

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Lean further forward. Tongue Nice race. Excellent times for a frosh. It'll come, sooner rather than later.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Sounds like it's going to be the Fab Five soon, keep up the good work!

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Hannibal Granite

I had a 5:00.00 mile race once as well when I was trying to break 5 minutes for the first time. Of course, I did it as a HS senior. The good news is once I finally broke 5 minutes I dropped into the 4:40's within just a few races, I guess it was just as much a mental barrier as a physical one. As others have said you have got some ability and some good potential if you keep up the hard work.

"You NEED to do this" - Shara