plugin for withings scale? (Read 3589 times)

climbhighvt

Hi All,

Just wanted to put in a request for importing withings scale data to running ahead. 

Thanks!

Anja

eric :)

That's an interesting idea.  I took a quick look at their licensing and it doesn't allow me to add support for it.  So integration with RA will not be possible for the time being.

jfjunior

I second that idea. I just learned today that there is a plugin for SportTracks, which is the desktop application I use side by side with RunningAhead, and I loved it.

Eric, you can find more information about the plugin for SportTracks at the link below, perhaps it will give you some ideas for the development of a similar plugin for RunningAhead. RunningAhead is one of the best, if not the best site out there and adding plugin would be a huge plus. Smile

http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttracks/plugins/?p=withings-wifi-body-scale-sync

Cheers...

climbhighvt

Ok, thanks for looking into it!

Anja

Magnus Lidbom

I took a quick look at what they say about licensing for their rest API at: http://www.withings.com/en/api/bodyscale

"It is freely available for non-commercial use by any developer and may be licensed (or freely licensed in some cases) for commercial use by prior arrangement. Please issue requests here"

Seems reasonably open. Perhaps it's changed since you looked?

As you might have surmised already, I would also very much like to see integration.

Withings support or not, RA is the best Smile

I looked at their API a few weeks ago.  It looks like I have to download the user data from their website instead of an integrated solution like the Garmin Communicator.  It doesn't look too hard to do.  I'll add this to my todos.  I do need to borrow someone's account for testing though.  Anyone?

Magnus Lidbom

I've sent you my account details now.

Get back to me if there's any problem or anything else you need.

/M

jfjunior

Is there an update on this request? Thank you.

Manuel.

Is there any update on the Withings scale import? Would really like to see this as well Smile

Thanks!

I started work on it and hit a snag.  The Withings site is not sending the user back to RA after granting RA access.  I contacted Withings for support yesterday so let's hope they'll get back to me soon.

Manuel.

Excellent stuff. Please let me know if you need a Withings account to test with - the whole family is using the scales so I have data of three different people Smile

Keep up the good work!

Manuel

JackJ

I'm in the market for a scale and saw some good review on the Withing--any progress re: integration with RA?  That'd be great for me.

Manuel.

Any update on the Withings import?

Cheers,

Manuel

agrazi

Hi there

I'm also looking forward for this plugin. If you need an additional account for testin let me know!

A

I finally got past Withings' documentation errors and made much progress this weekend.  It will still be a while before it is available because I need to create new pages to let you manage this functionality.

eric Smile