PR Question (Read 1491 times)

I should have just asked outright if there is a perception in the running community that a PR can only be set in a race, and why.
    I think it's along the same lines as the idea that to the "baseball community," a homerun can only be hit in a baseball game. But if you want to go out and hit a bunch of balls over the fence just to see if you can, I guess you can still call them homeruns and change your batting average. However, a lot of people like to look at running as an actual sport and, as a result, tend to like to make their performances count during an actual game (aka "race") as opposed to a private backyard event. mta: Tanya

Why is it sideways?

See what a fine mess you've created here.
      MrH

mta: Tanya
        So are you saying the ball doesn't go over the fence unless it's a home run? Richard

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

mikeymike

So are you saying the ball doesn't go over the fence unless it's a home run? Richard
          No, she's saying her name is Tanya, dumbass. mta: her name is not Tanya Dumbass, just Tanya, you dumbass.

Runners run

Scout7

Tanya, What about an in-park home run? How can I track those?
            MrH

No, she's saying her name is Tanya, dumbass.
              I'm sorry. I didn't know Dumbass was her last name.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

So are you saying the ball doesn't go over the fence unless it's a home run?
                Well, you could have imaginary outfielders committing imaginary errors, thus resulting in homeruns. Or imaginary players on bases. I think that depends on your personal definition of PR, though. Tanya

mikeymike

What about an in-park home run? How can I track those?
                  Label it IHR and symbol <>

Runners run

MrH

Well, you could have imaginary outfielders committing imaginary errors, thus resulting in homeruns. Or imaginary players on bases. I think that depends on your personal definition of PR, though. Tanya
                    Dr. Wittgenstein is the head umpire, so anything goes.

The process is the goal.

Scout7

Label it IHR and symbol <>
                      That's not in my log.....
                      mikeymike

If an error resulted in extra bases, it wouldn't be a home run. It would be a 2B or 3B with an E9 for example.

Runners run

I made it to the 3rd round of the spelling bee in 5th grade. I got booted for missing 'agriculture'. So my spelling bee PR is 2.
                          PR's (not logged) --Took only 7steps from the curb of my house to the front door. Previous record was 8. --Mowed my lawn in 16:15. --Shoveled the driveway and sidewalks (including the rush from back to front) in 14:15. --Got from home to work in 12:15. --Ate 4 Chipotle Chicken Burritos in one sitting. --Played three full verses of "Coming Round the Mtn" on a banjo in 3:33.
                          And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
                            Scovill is making atleast one imaginary PR there
                              Scovill is making atleast one imaginary PR there
                              which one?
                              And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
                              xor

Ate 4 Chipotle Chicken Burritos in one sitting.
                                I predict a different PR later. "It was so monumental, I just left it." (I have a friend who used to tell the story of The Big Crap. He'd always end the story with that line. Ew.)