PR Question (Read 1491 times)

Seriously, how can anyone say I'm not competitive? I keep coming into this thread and fighting a losing battle every damned day.
    And who am I anyway?
    Just another fat jogger, evidently.
      Context, please.
      Out of context, yes, but relative.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Running on a treadmill whilst staring at a blank wall is less mind-numbing than reading this thread.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

Yeah, I got that on page 2, and really haven't argued the point for days. In fact I don't think I ever actually argued it so much as questioned it. It was never a debate, so much as an inquiry as to the why. Either way thanks for summing it up. Again. MTA: Yeah, I'll apologize for that one in advance. It was snarky and I really try to avoid that.
          I'm not sure what you're saying here. You have inquired as to why the majority opinion is that PRs only come in races. We have given you responses. Is there anything that is still unclear, or you are still questioning in your mind at this point?
          L Train

...and relevant.

Just calling it like I see it, brother. And taking your questions as a chance to write, as best I can, what I think. If I disagree with your point of view, it is with no animosity. Running, like just about everything else in this universe, is a pluralistic phenomenon, meaning different things to different folk. We can continue to see things differently. I think it's better that way. Keep running. And if you're ever in Nashville, look me up. We'll go for a run.
              Agreed to disagree on the PR question several pages ago, my friend. My last post was just wondering why you felt the need to paint me as something I'm not. You didn't really address that other than saying that you "call it like you see it". So I'll ask again.. where did you "see" me claiming that I know more than anyone else? Where did you "see" me casting the idea of running as "absurd"? Where did you "see" me portraying myself as someone that was insulting the running community to the point of needing you to defend it? I questioned one idea. I also had the cajones to stand up and admit that I was wrong in some of my reactions. Are you really not able to admit that you were attributing thoughts and ideas to me that were not based in reality?
              And who am I anyway?
              L Train

Can't we all just get along?

Context is everything. Post the quote that you posted in context and make your point or bugger off. Randomly picking phrases from other posts and pretending they were said to support some point is just childish and lame. Disappointing, really. Try again. I know you can do better.
                  And who am I anyway?

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

I'm not sure what you're saying here. You have inquired as to why the majority opinion is that PRs only come in races. We have given you responses. Is there anything that is still unclear, or you are still questioning in your mind at this point?
                      What I'm saying is that the last time I even bothered discussing the original PR question was literally on page 2. Four days ago. Since then we've had a few pages of crack psychological assessments from truly insightful middle school janitors followed by in some form or fashion a discussion of the reactions. Mikey made a point which I grudgingly accepted that I had taken offense to something Jeff said that wasn't necessarily meant to offend. I tried to leave it alone and let the thread die but it refused to die so I came back and the discussion now is more about the various reactions than the original question. To recap the original question and answer now seemed a bit, well, silly to me. Much like PRed, it seemed you just wanted to join in the bashing without really having anything to contribute. Since you were, I believe, one of the armchair Jungians I was dismissive of you in a snarky way when really I should have just ignored you entirely. I then apologized for being snarky. If you need it spelled out for you... I do understand that the question was asked and answered by page 2. I am no longer debating that question. Thank you for the recap but it was really unnecessary. No, I am not still questioning your opinion at this point. Do I agree? No. Should you care? No. Is there a reason to respond to this post? No.
                      And who am I anyway?

Think Whirled Peas

You're a little late, Tanya...I'm disappointed.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

I know. I was out running. I think it was a PR!

Lazy idiot

You're a little late, Tanya...I'm disappointed.
                              You're also vaporized.

Tick tock

Tanya's BOOMS are never late. Nor are they early. They arrive precisely when they mean to.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs