displays (Read 1048 times)

IMKY13 finish!!

Okay, after running quite a few 5K's and several half marathons and one marathon (with two more halfs and a full this year), I've got a drawer full of numbers (bibs) and finisher's medals. I saw one way to display my hardware: www.heavymedalz.com, but was wondering if anyone has any other, unique ways of displaying your achievements.

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

#artbydmcbride

I've bought a couple of tie racks to hang medals on. I plan to paper the walls of the garage with my bibs someday, but it is only a 4 car garage. I may need to do the ceiling too. Big grin

Runners run

A Saucy Wench

This is in my laundry room, so not a very public display. I call it my shrine to running, came about because I needed a place for my shoes and gear and I was tired of the medals in the drawer. I dont tend to keep many of my bibs.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

kcam

Not bad, Ennay. Low key and serves a purpose as well. I may look for one of these just to get all my running shoes off the garge floor and out of the way.

My intention is to eventually hang them from a strip of hooks up near the ceiling of my office; right now they are just piled on the corner of a bookshelf. I don't keep bibs; just the medals and trophies. Most of the trophies are down in the basement on various bookshelves, out of the way.

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

mikeymike

All of my medals are hanging from the corner of the mirror on my wife's dresser in our room. Well, all except the Big Sur marathon medal, which was ceramic and either broke or got lost along the way (I wish I still had that one) and 2 of my Boston Medals that my wife took and had framed with my bibs. Those framed bibs with the medals, a picture, and finisher's certificate sit on the floor in the corner of my office, tucked in beside a bookshelf where they've been for a few years now. My wife gets on my case now and then for not hanging them up and I know I should since they were a really thoughtful gift on her part, but for some reason I just don't want to display them. Weird, I know. Whatever trophies I've taken home from races over the years are on a shelf in a window well in the far back corner of my basement. Sometimes my kids have pretend contests and use them as prizes, sometimes they break one and we throw it away. A few years ago I stopped bringing home trophies for races unless they are something useful like a pint glass, in which case it ends up in the cupboard and I drink beer out of it with some regularity. A lot of my bibs are in the drawer of my nightstand, several others are kicking around the house and my kids play with them when they have races and such. I think I saw my 2008 Boston bib flying around the kitchen today. A lot of them never make it home or get thrown out...it depends. I keep the important ones though and maybe someday I'll wallpaper a rec room with them or something.

Runners run

JakeKnight

I'm too lazy to take a picture, but I have one of these: http://www.marathonmemoriesnmore.com/page1/page8/page8.html Except mine is the 21-peg model with "marathon" at the top. (Actually I have two. They sent me a broken one, I fixed it, then they sent me another for free. Sweet.) That's 42 pegs to fill up, baby. Sits on the back wall of my home office surrounded by bibs and the race certificates from my first marathon and current PR. I hope Tanya posts an actual picture of the wall of her garage. It's quite a sight. When I was over there for our get-together, I spent half the time in her garage fondling her trophies. Yes, fondling. I need to get over there and see what she did with her latest ginormous trophy. Finding space for trophies has thus far not proven very challenging for me.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

Prince of Fatness

Finding space for trophies has thus far not proven very challenging for me.
                  Me either. I think I have a few finishers medals laying around somewhere. My bib numbers generally get chucked. If I ever BQ I may keep my Boston bib. Modified because I had an itchy trigger finger - premature post.

Not at it at all. 

A Saucy Wench

Finding space for trophies has thus far not proven very challenging for me.
                    yeah, me neither.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I don't know where anything post-high school swag is, or if I still have them. All my HS medals are in a display that is now in the closet of what used to be my bedroom at my parents' house. They probably last saw the light of day in June 1989 at my HS graduation open house. The only one in there that is precious to me is a medal for 1988 Cross Country Regionals, because medalling at that meet was my ticket to state finals. It's also probably the smallest medal I ever one -- good things come in small packages. Smile

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I have a shoebox. All my medals and bibs go in there. It sits on the top shelf of my closet. The only exception is my finisher's medal from a marathon which I ran on Mother's Day. I gave that one to my wife as a way to say thanks for letting me run on what really should have been her day - not mine. Can't say for sure, but I think it is in her nightside table.
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

The only exception is my finisher's medal from a marathon which I ran on Mother's Day. I gave that one to my wife as a way to say thanks for letting me run on what really should have been her day - not mine. Can't say for sure, but I think it is in her nightside table.
                          Yeah, she has it wrapped around a voodoo doll of you.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I hope Tanya posts an actual picture of the wall of her garage..
                            Well, if you insist. I'll try to post one this evening. All the groovy, fondleable trophies pale in comparison to the tragic stuffed monkey hanging from the ceiling. He is my favorite. I fondle him often.

Yeah, she has it wrapped around a voodoo doll of you.
                              As long as the voodoo doll is lithe and runnerly, that's cool.
                                I always thought it would be cool to save bibs from the same race every year and eventually frame them with my times (assuming my times were better from year-to-year). My wife made me a really cool display for Christmas that had a picture of me crossing the finish line of the Army Ten Miler last year that has my bib, my official time, and the front and back of the medal. She sacrificed her medal to get both sides. It was a very thoughtful gift.
                                2008 Goals Don't attack the guy that passes me like I'm standing still when I think I'm running fast...I can't catch him anyway and I'd just look silly