Well, now that you've got me to using the mapping software... (Read 829 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

It works great for city streets, but isn't very accurate for off-road stuff. Google Earth offers the option to overlay a street map with a satellite image, which provides you with a view of non-street surfaces (like cart paths on golf courses, dirt roads and even sometimes dirt trails). Many of my courses cover off-road stuff and the sattelite imagery helps a lot. Well, there you have it, so let's just get the Running Ahead satellite launched and see about more accurate off-road mapping... Just a thought!...Gosh, we're a needy bunch! Wink Cool Shocked Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

eric :)

Lynn, The scientists and interns at RunningAHEAD's satellite division (aka Google) already has you covered. On the map's toolbar, there's a drop down of your map overlay choices. Click on it, and you'll have your choice of map views. I've also added an elevation (contour) map as one of the choices. Happy trails! eric Smile

You'll ruin your knees!

Wohoo! Love it! Thanks Eric! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)