How to display "Distance Totals" (script) on FaceBook - *NOT* every workout (Read 770 times)

Almost_Barefoot_Barry

TickerFactory.com has an application displaying its data in a box on the left-side of a facebook wall.  Anytime I update my TickerFactory data, visitors see the result when they visit my FB page.  Very similar to the RunningAhead scripts that can be put on webpages or blogs,  but it is a TicketFactory app specific to FaceBook.

I *dont* want every workout added to the wall, but would like a small self-updating box.

Is there any why to put the RunningAhead webpage/blog "Distance Totals" script in a left-side box on FaceBook wall ?

nearly barefoot (minimilistic)
    eric :)

If you install the RA FB app, you'll be able to add a box to your profile.

You can find the app here: http://apps.facebook.com/runningahead

Fanda

I see only tab option (app preferences). Am I doing something wrong?
        Kenotic Runner

Fanda, good question.  I had this capability on FB until a day or two ago.  Then it went poof!  Eric?

A Saucy Wench

Eric and I had a little discussion about this on FB.  If you already have it installed it still seems to work, but if you dont there seems to be something wrong and it is no longer giving the option. 

Mine works and these are the settings: 

Account ---application settings
            next to the RA application --- edit settings
            There should be a selection called "Box". Add

Also under "additional permissions" tab I have both boxes checked (allow RA to access when I am not using application and publish info to my wall)

But some people are not getting the additional permissions tab right now.  That's all I know and I didnt even stay in a Holiday Inn last night.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

eric :)

I did a little hunting and it turns out Facebook decided to remove profile boxes.  My guess is they're making room for more ads.  If only they will remove everything from their entire website...
              Kenotic Runner

Interesting.  I used to have two application's profile boxes--one for my running log, the other for my reading list.

The other day my RA profile box went poof!  As did the tab.  I got a Message from the Facebook system in my Inbox.  The RA application became no longer integrated.

I re-added it, but with the inability to put the profile box back up, just the tab.

The other app's profile box still appears, but it seems it too will be paved over in order to erect more billboards.

A Saucy Wench

sigh.  

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7