Tabbing through entry fields on a Mac (Read 636 times)

When I just looked at this in Firefox for Windows it's not an issue, but it is an issue on Firefox for Mac (and I think it was on Safari as well) When you tab through fields on the New Workout Entry page, you skip over all the pull-down menus, meaning you have to use the mouse to go back and select the value. The pre-update version didn't have this issue. Thanks for all your hard work!
    Next race: Acura 5k (July 19) Why practice running slow? It comes naturally!
    eric :)

Since this is a usability issue and does not affect data integrity, I will look into it once I resolve the major issues.
      wyerock

I think its a general Mac UI issue. Tabbing doesn't seem to select drop down menus or checkboxes.
        eric :)

Odd that you can't tab through check boxes since they are not special. I understand that certain dropdowns can't be tabbed because they are custom controls. You can tab through text boxes?
          wyerock

Yeah, I can tab through all the text boxes just fine. In fact, when creating a new run entry, tabbing ONLY selects all the text boxes. The combo text/dropdowns work fine too. I can start typing, and then down arrow to select an option. In my experience this is the common behavior in all browsers on the Mac. Even on system dialogs, I haven't been able to tab to another button and hit enter like I can in Windows.
              More then likely you don't have Universal Keyboard Input or whatever it's called on OS X (in the keyboard settings) enabled. I remember having to enable that to be able to tab through everything. Then instead of using "enter" when you hit buttons, you may need to use the space bar (if it has the blue border around it, even in normal OS X dialogs, you hit space bar. It it's filled with blue you can hit enter). Hope this helps. After figuring out these things I find navigating forms using the keyboard as easy as it is in windows.
              wyerock

Thanks crazyguy! There's an option in the Keyboard & Mouse Control Panel. Full keyboard access: In windows and dialogs, press Tab to move the keyboard focus between: []Text boxes and lists only []All controls Never saw it before. Thanks!