Scotland10K Race (Read 460 times)

http://web2.nyrrc.org/cgi-bin/start.exe/aes-programs/results/startup.html?result.id=a80330&result.year=2008 Yes, I did run this race wearing a kilt. But first something about the race. To my surprise almost 7,000 runners participated in this race. The temperature was an unseasonable 37 Degrees F at start time of 10:00am, and I had no much to keep me warm but my knee length socks. But I went out there and weaved my way in and out of bunches of slow moving runners and finished the race in OK time. Running in a kilt, from perspective of how it feels, is not much different from running in loose shorts. Kind of comfortable, so I guess that's why some of the ladies like those running skirts so much. I even got some complements on my kild which was camoflage patterned--Barbara is part Logan, I could have worn that plaid but didn't. I also wore camoflage gloves, but being color blind, nothing matched, and with me it never does. They had two bagpipe bands, the Porragemen, and the "Red Hot Chilli Piepers" (Ian had problems saying their name). I didn't win any of the prizes at the raffle--never seem to. Now I must go back to the drab world of being a law school student.
    I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
    freckles

The Red Hot Chilli Pipers are great! (But I am from Scotland so may be biased!) My dh says the trick to running in a kilt is to wear underwear. Otherwise you may end up with a nasty case of 'joggers knob'!! Big grin

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

The Red Hot Chilli Pipers are great! (But I am from Scotland so may be biased!) My dh says the trick to running in a kilt is to wear underwear. Otherwise you may end up with a nasty case of 'joggers knob'!! Big grin
        I didn't go comando, I wore undies, so I had no chaffing! Shocked
        I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
          The Strange creatures of Scotland: