New longest long run (Read 955 times)

Sluggard

Today I ran 7.5 miles. I cannot freakin' believe it.
      WOOOHOOOOOOOOO WTG Ed!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Keep going and you will double it! When I first started running 5 miles seemed so incredibly long...then just a few months later I was up to over 13 right before my half marathon. I'm back up to almost 11, now...hope to get up to around 16 before my 25k in mid-May. Now I just need to get faster, LOL! How was the weather for your run? Long runs are so much more enjoyable when it's beautiful outside. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

va

Great work Ed! You've only just begun! Btw, I like your blog. You've got a great sense of humor!
            Man isn't that something!!!Suddenly you are running distances you never thought you could!! Our group just 8 this morning! And it was the first time I did 5 without walking!! Next week is 10 miles and I am not really worried about it.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

madness baby

What a great feeling. YAAAAYYYYY!!!! Big grin
              deb

You'll ruin your knees!

Won't be long until you are sayin...I "ONLY" ran 7.5 miles...HA! You better freakin' believe it! Way to go! Keep it up, Ed, you can do more than you think you can, you are capable of more than you think you are! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

WTG!!! Big grin It's such a powerful thing when we achieve things like that for the first time! It only gets better! Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

Cool!! Isn't it amazing how good those miles make us feel?! Smile

Michelle

Wingz

Professional Noob

Man isn't that something!!!Suddenly you are running distances you never thought you could!! Our group just 8 this morning! And it was the first time I did 5 without walking!! Next week is 10 miles and I am not really worried about it.
                      Gregg - shoot me an email, would ya? yanelh@hotmail.com -Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

Only shows how much more you can do. So just believe in yourself and keep on running. Congratulations! Ewa
                        I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill

Imminent Catastrophe

Way cool! keep it up, it just gets easier!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

That's awesome!!
                            2009: BQ?