Invitation for cardiac research (Read 114 times)

StathisP

I am a cardiology doctor currently working in the research department of St Georges Hospital, London. We are currently investigating the effects of long term high intensity exercise in the older (veteran) female athlete and are looking for healthy athletes to volunteer.

This study is recruiting healthy women aged >40 years old who have been exercising for most of their life and at least >10 years. Participants should have no history of heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol or history of smoking.

It is a safe and non-invasive study and does not involve any experimental drugs or procedures. It offers the participants an opportunity to undergo free and comprehensive heart tests, which would cost more than 2000£ if done privately. The tests will include heart tracings, heart ultrasound scans, exercise fitness tests (VO2 max), heart MRI and CT scans.

For a more detailed description of our study including what it involves and the inclusion/exclusion criteria please email me at spapathe@sgul.ac.uk

Thank you in advance,

Stathis Papatheodorou

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Hello - would this work for participants who live far away (e.g., in the US)? Or must one participate in lab tests in the UK? --Thanks

#artbydmcbride

Yes, can I take the tests in California?  Smile

Runners run

runnermom61

Following.

I'm a 65 year-old runner who would be interested in this study. Same question that everyone else has asked - can we participate from the US?

StathisP

I am afraid you need to be in the UK in order to be included in the study.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Oh, well. Thanks for the reply!

runnershawn

Have you tried reaching out to Lars Andrews?  He has been writing a few books about it and has a group called Cardiac Athletes and I know there are a lot of U.K. peeps in it.  Here is the site and his email should be on it.

http://www.cardiacathletes.com/

Good Luck!!

GlennFoster

great advice!