Local Competitive Start (Read 730 times)

ultramarathon/triathlete

I just found out I got upgraded to Local Competitive start for the NYC marathon.  Since none of my friends nor family have any idea what that means (other than my wife, who I already bragged to), I'm posting it here  :-)

HTFU?  Why not!

Coach: Empire Tri Club 

Speed Coach: Brooklyn Tri Club

Dude - that's pretty sweet. What time did you post in your previous race to earn that?

Congrats!!

ultramarathon/triathlete

I think it was a 1:23 in a half.  The cut off was 1:24 so I squeeked in.  

HTFU?  Why not!

Congrats!

ultramarathon/triathlete

Just realized that, on the downside, I think I'm now starting in Green, which is bottom of the bridge.

Oh well.  At least I get a private toilet before people later get the chance to pee on me :-P

HTFU?  Why not!

Excellent!  (except for the getting peed on part).

- Joe

all running goals are under review by the executive committee.

just a simple cat

Queen of 3rd Place

Great news Dave! Bragging here is always ok and fun!

2013 Valley Runner of the Year Series: Feb 16 5K (4 points out of 10) ... Mar 2 10K (20/30)... Mar 16 4Mi (21/30) ... Apr 6 10K (DNS) ... Apr 21 2Mi (5/10) ... May 11 5Mi (21/30)... Jun 8 1Mi (13/20) ... Jun 16 6Mi (22/30) ... Sep 28 10K (14/20) ... Oct 5 5K (7/10) ...Oct 12 5Mi (16/20) ... Oct 20 5K (0/10) = 3rd Place, Women's Senior Division

Good work!  It's fun to share with people who know how cool it really is.

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Wow!  That's really great.  Congratulations!

2014 Goals:  sub-3 Marathon ("Congrats! It's tough to race with poop in the mind" --Wing)

Current Status 03/17: Drinking beer and eating crap -- all the things I couldn't do before the marathon