Picture will not save to my avatar!! (Read 631 times)

Dad on the run.

Trying to save a picture to my avatar and it will not load the pictures. Just a box with a big red X through it. Am I doing something wrong?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

an amazing likeness

Assuming you've got the avatar uploaded with no errors ?

Options -> My Forum Preferences -> Browse to photo --> Save

There can be a brief time lag between when you hit Save and the server gets the avatar re-sized and in place.  Also your browser can cache the old pages, so tell it to refresh (F5 for most browsers).  That or close your browser completely and come back to RA and see if the update is there.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Assuming you've got the avatar uploaded with no errors ?

And, assuming the avatar isn't a big red X...

an amazing likeness

And, assuming the avatar isn't a big red X...

Good point...forehead slap #23 for today.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Dad on the run.

haha, not its not a big red X. Its actually a picture of my two Boxers, however when I browse to folder save/update it kicks me back a page and my avatar picture still isn't showing up.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

Moron moment of the day, I was trying to do it under my profile and saving picture thinking that was for my avatar.... go ahead with #24 facepalm if you would like, sometimes I really worry about myself.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Moron moment of the day, I was trying to do it under my profile and saving picture thinking that was for my avatar.... go ahead with #24 facepalm if you would like, sometimes I really worry about myself.

Hey, no worries. I often wondered why after changing my profile picture it didn't change, only to realize I had to force a refresh of the browser so the cache would get reset. 

LOL, I can't tell you how many times i did that.

Shakedown Street

me too

welcome...black!

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

xhristopher

Yeah, a picture won't save my avatar. It's beyond all hope.
                      MrNamtor

i have the same problem

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

Testing.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

A Saucy Wench

Under Profile is your profile pic which people only see if they actually click on your name in an effort to stalk you learn more about you. And assuming you have made your profile public, which most of you have not.

Under Forum Preferences is your avatar which is what you can inflict on people whether they like it or not.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Under Forum Preferences is your avatar which is what you can inflict on people whether they like it or not.

That's so true.

steph  

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

Success!

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.