About ads (Read 863 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Based on the dragon tattoo books, I suspect that in Sweden, I'd see lots of ads for coffee and pickles.

And sandwiches.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Prince of Fatness

ABP (or something else you have running) is blocking the ads. 

Yes, and the RA message is probably something that Eric has in the background on the panel, so if you block the ad you see that message otherwise the ad overlays the message.

Not at it at all. 

Okay, thanks everyone, but I still can't figure out what it is that are blocking the ads. It is neither AdBlock+ nor Flashblock, because I have tried disabling them both.

Best Present Ever

And sandwiches.

What about Ikea??  not to mention PDAs (remember those) and computer spying stuff.  

xor

What about Ikea??  not to mention PDAs (remember those) and computer spying stuff.  

I already get those ads.  And sandwich ads (Subway).

Pickle ads would be weird.

Yup, what everyone else said &

there's a possibly those ads could be beer & bacon related.  

Mmmm... Beery-bacon

Go here.  You're answer.

http://www.baconorbeercan.com/

Jeff

Actually, I am getting LOCAL ads now.

Wonder how that works....

Jeff

xor

By your IP address (or at least the IP address that seems to be associated with you, as assigned by whatever network/ISP you are currently connected to).

When I'm traveling, some websites, including google's search results, know basically where I am.  This can be handy. Or creepy.  Or both.

It also provides a somewhat handy way to test whether one's IP address is being obfuscated when one desires to do that.  Not that anybody would.

By your IP address (or at least the IP address that seems to be associated with you, as assigned by whatever network/ISP you are currently connected to).

When I'm traveling, some websites, including google's search results, know basically where I am.  This can be handy. Or creepy.  Or both.

It also provides a somewhat handy way to test whether one's IP address is being obfuscated when one desires to do that.  Not that anybody would.

yeah.

Come to think of it, when I was down in Mexico last week (Playa del Carmen...an awesome place), I was getting ads in Spanish. 

That's how good I am at ignoring them...barely noticed.

It WAS annoying, though, having to constantly tell Google to translate for me.  i could NOT get Google to give me English results automatically.  No matter how hard I tried..  There was probably some setting....

Jeff