10,000 miles Warning!! Bragging!!! (Read 871 times)

Old, Slow, Happy

Tonight I ran exactly 6.1 miles so that my log would show 10,000 miles!!!!!! 

My first log entry is from 11/28/2004.  I actually started earlier in the year, but did not log until then.  On Jan. 1st, 2004 I started "getting into shape".  I weighed 295 and was 50 years old.  Now I weigh about 205 and I turned 56 on last Sunday.  I run slowly, but a long way.  My best race is a 10 miler in 81:00.  I am an ex-coolrunning guy.  I changed to RA when active.com messed things up.  Best move I ever made. 

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations!!!  Wow, you have every right to brag!  I'm glad to hear of folks who started running even later than I did!  Good luck during your next 10,000 miles!
      oronglongi

THAT'S FREAKING AWESOME! Congrats man Smile

The King of Beasts

nice, that is a hell of a long way.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That's cool -- looks like an odometer.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Why is it sideways?

Man, that is just plain awesome.

Prince of Fatness

That is a large amount of miles, Richard.  Outstanding.  And dropping 90 pounds in the process, too.  Nice.

Not at it at all. 

an amazing likeness

That is something special.  Wow.  Glad you bragged on yourself, you deserve it Richard.  Great results!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Way to go man.

But let me tell you a 1:21:00 10 miler in mid 50's is not slow nor is this training run last week:

9/14/2009 Run

12 Mile Pinwheel

Tempo 12 Mi 1:44:23 8:42 6.9 6 6 38.5 1906

Keep up the good work

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is a LOT of friggin' zeros!  And you're still way faster than I.  Awesome job, Richard! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Fantastic work!  Unless that picture is of someone else, you certainly don't look like a 56 year old guy who used to weight 295.  10 in 81:00 is quite an accomplishment, at any age.
                          10000 miles is beyond awesome. I hope you continue enjoying running for many years to come. You are a prime example of hard work paying off.
                            Wow!  What an inspiration.  Congratulations!
                            dennrunner

I think you might need some help learning the definition of "slowly."

And the speed of your bike rides is astounding (you being 56 and all).  Wow!

MTA:  Wow. to Wow!

Old, Slow, Happy

Thanks everyone for letting me brag to you.  The picture is me at the finish of my last HM.  I had runners knee for about the last year and it has slowed me down a little.  I've run some 5ks this summer and I'm aiming for a 10 miler in Jan.  Then a HM in March.  I hope to run a marathon next fall after the high-school soccer season is over.  I am very glad that I found RA when I moved from coolrunning.  You guys are GREAT!!!

Thanks again!!