The most amazing thing about trolls (Read 274 times)

T Hound

Slower but happier

I actually like Reddit.  The /r/running sub is quite active, but also...repetitively varied, I guess, in that it's a mix of the usual newb questions, the usual, "I can't run slow, what do I do? and anyway, how does running slow make you fast?", the usual panicked military or police candidates who need to pass a running test, the usual arguments about shoes and Garmins and treadmills, etc etc.   There is also a much less active /r/Advanced/Running and also a /r/trailrunning and a few other related subs I don't read.

If u like reddit check this out. Always makes me happy!

2020 goal:  couch to 5K, currently working on the couch block

rlopez

Are you Stevie Ray Lopez?

I used to be.

I used to be.

You've got to bring back your John Belushi avatar!

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

The one eating the donut cereal

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

JimR

A reddit response to a link to one of good ol' Richard99's blog entries:

'
            Oh god, you mean to tell me this guy is still around spewing bullshit? Way to flash back to the epic flamewars of 10+ years ago.  Literally 2 minutes into reading that I thought "this isnt the powerrunning guy, it cant be the powerrunning guy."
            You mind explaining into it a little more? I'm assuming this guy is way off on what he's asserting.
            He's been around on various running forums since 2005 or earlier. He has a theory that's diametrically opposed to every successful runner and coach in the last 50 years, and is convinced he has some kind of superior training method, and won't hear otherwise. Yet, he hasn't produced a succesful athlete and to my knowledge has never gone public with coaching results of anyone. In fact I'm pretty certain he isnt a coach or physiologist but some kind of pretend internet expert.
            Well I'll be damned. Sorry for propagating his misinformation, I was just looking for more opinions on what he was saying.

'

I used to be.

who are you now?

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

JimR

Yummmm...  nom nom nom.

troll food

JimR

*burp*

stuffed troll

rlopez

okey doke

BTW, it was always hard to tell, but he's also sporting a smoke in his hand.

JimR

troll spam....yum!

Mr MattM

With the Belushi avatar back... all is right in the Forumverse.

be curious; not judgmental

Mr MattM !!!

You've got to post an updated pic of your fanny!   How's your running these days?

Mr MattM

Rovatti my old friend!

Running is about the same... one mile at a time.  Thinking about running MORE!  Still trying to ignite that old spark...

What about you?  How’s running and stuff?

meh...I've been falling apart this year... currently rehabbing a calf problem.

On the bright side, I got 2nd place in peleton spin class today! 

Mr MattM

I’ve not yet succumbed to the call of the peleton (or zwift)... though it seems it may be an inevitable eventuality.