New Log? (Read 1150 times)

KentP

I've asked about this several times over the last year or so...when will the "new log" be ready? Want to be able to track total miles run for each year.
    KentP

No reply from Eric yet on this. He has said this will be part of the "new log". But, I'm wondering if most every runner doesn't want to be able to reference how many miles he/she logged over the years. I mean, isn't that one of the most basic facts in a runner's history: how many miles logged last year, in 2006, 2005, 2004, etc.? How about it folks? Let me hear from you on this...

Lazy idiot

Kent, I'm not aware of any time tables, but I know Eric is working a ton on the new log. Since it's been "coming soon" for so long, I know that it's easy to be impatient, but patience is all we can give right now. We've got one guy doing the programming for a site that so many of us use (for free), and this isn't his full-time job. It's coming, friend. Smile Drew

Tick tock

KentP

You misunderstand. So, let me be clear, particuarly for Eric. While I am anxious for this addition, I am grateful for the site and all of Eric's work. And, although I would love to get a real feel for when this might become part of the landscape, I'm also just curious if others would weigh-in: Is this not one of the more important "stats" in your personal running history/rusume? That's all.

Lazy idiot

Gotcha! So he's said it will be in the new log? And yes, I'd like to see the stat with fewer clicks than it takes now.

Tick tock

eric :)

Kent, I've added this feature, along with many others into the new log. I've given up giving estimated completion dates because things always crop up, the latest being the server upgrade. I'm currently working on saving of the maps (there's a design change to prepare the log for GPS import). I should be done with it this weekend. After that, I need to touch up the summary page and then I will release it for limited testing. I don't think I have time to upgrade the summary page as originally planned. I'll have to see how complicated it is first. eric :-)
              KentP

Drew... Your post infers that it is now possible to access total miles run for each calendar year. I don't think that's true. If I'm missing something, please share the "how to" info. Thanks much.

Lazy idiot

Drew... Your post infers that it is now possible to access total miles run for each calendar year. I don't think that's true. If I'm missing something, please share the "how to" info. Thanks much.
                  No problem. If you go to your training log, click on Search, then enter in your custom date range. This will give you a screen (or more) of all the runs in that date range. At the bottom of these pages is a mileage total. If you have more than one screen of runs, sum the subtotals, and you'll have your mileage for that date range.

Tick tock

KentP

Not to complain...but not very user friendly. I think Eric has something much better (easier and faster) planned. As I said, I'm not complaining...just wondering when the new log might actually happen. Eric has indicated in the past that it was coming long ago.
                    JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Would it be simpler for you to join a group and then when looking at the reports screen change the date there? Actually a group with not very many members? Maybe this is a bad idea, but that's how I do it. Good luck! jilly
                      "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
                      KentP

That is the best suggestion so far. I think Eric will be enabling us to do this the right way eventually....rather than having to use a fuction for which it was not intended. Thanks for the work-around. Smile
                        JakeKnight

Y Is this not one of the more important "stats" in your personal running history/rusume? That's all.
                          Nope. I can't even imagine why it would be relevant. I know what I ran this year and last year and the year before. Don't you? What I ran in 1997 doesn't have much impact. "More important?" I can hardly think of something less important. And of course, you can take the six seconds necessary to do it already if you really care that much. Eric's already taken care of it. At his free site. That we use. For free. Without paying. That he's spent hundreds of man hours on. While we use it. For free. But what do I know? I'm a lapsed Catholic and former Methodist who sorta digs Judaism and once voted for a Democrat. But at least I'm hot.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                          -----------------------------

Back when I was running in 1981, we all used something called "pens" and "notebooks" or even the now-endangered "memory" to keep track of miles, workouts, and totals. Those were the days.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

KentP

Funny! I was under the impression this forum was put here specifically for "Suggestions and Feature Requests". Silly me.