Posting Running workouts to Facebook Wall (Read 2601 times)

rundwoods

Same issue here and tried the instructions listed Eric. Now how do I get today's run to post?

HermosaBoy

Sounds like Facebook is up to some monkey business again.  After all the struggles to get mine working again -- it stopped again two days ago...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

sometimes it works, sometimes not.

facebook really should get their shit together.

Same issue here and tried the instructions listed Eric. Now how do I get today's run to post?

I did what Eric said and it worked.  In order to get today's run to post, I had to delete it from my log, and enter it back in again.

phfin

MelissaE,

I think the problem is entirely on Facebook's end.  RA sends the feed to Facebook and it is up to Facebook to display it on your wall.  Occasionally, Facebook's servers won't respond to RA's post request.  Other times, the servers fail without explanation.  Since this is entirely Facebook's problem, there's nothing I can do on my end.

eric :-)

Wouldn't it be good, if the RA server would try to submit the log post on FB wall until it will finally goes through.

What it comes to internet, sometimes the connections are lagging and timing out so the log post should be tried more than once.

I would also suggest a push log post button to your RA workout log.

Meaning you could force the log post again if it didn't go through on the first time, it's easier than erase and upload the workout information again.

Wouldn't it be good, if the RA server would try to submit the log post on FB wall until it will finally goes through.

What it comes to internet, sometimes the connections are lagging and timing out so the log post should be tried more than once.

Then you would be experiencing massive amounts of lag and slow responses from the website in general, because the resources you use to simply post a workout or view a workout would be tied up waiting for servers to respond or connections to rectify themselves.

I would also suggest a push log post button to your RA workout log.

Meaning you could force the log post again if it didn't go through on the first time, it's easier than erase and upload the workout information again.

I do think a 'post to wall' button would be a nice feature. Also the ability to choose which runs are posted (I know currently you can choose only races), such as anything above 5k or anything over 30 mins.

But I'll stop suggested, Eric has enough has enough on his TODO list right now me thinks :P

Never forget the man who mistook his wife for a hat!

Ποτέ δεν ξεχνά τον άνθρωπο που μπέρδεψε τη γυναίκα του για ένα καπέλο!

phfin

Then you would be experiencing massive amounts of lag and slow responses from the website in general, because the resources you use to simply post a workout or view a workout would be tied up waiting for servers to respond or connections to rectify themselves.

I do think a 'post to wall' button would be a nice feature. Also the ability to choose which runs are posted (I know currently you can choose only races), such as anything above 5k or anything over 30 mins.

But I'll stop suggested, Eric has enough has enough on his TODO list right now me thinks :P

Ah so if I understood correctly this runningAHEAD site is only working on one server?

The databases could be clustered or separated from server which serves website pages..

I have a lot of spare servers with 100MB/s pipe if you need a hand or equipment  Smile

Yeah for me also the FB updates haven't worked anymore since yesterday, not even removing and adding the RA app again or re-saving the workouts.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Post to wall suggestion: like

Big grin

theyapper

On the road again...

I did what Eric said and it worked.  In order to get today's run to post, I had to delete it from my log, and enter it back in again.

I did what Eric said and it didn't work.  Although, not having my runs show up on my FB wall isn't as big a deal as if they suddenly didn't show up here. Wink  Thankfully, RA > FB.

I've had no runs show up on FB since about 3 days ago.  Just providing more data for you, Eric.  No worries.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

I've had no runs show up on FB since about 3 days ago.  Just providing more data for you, Eric.  No worries.

ditto...no doubt FB at it again...but then RA is usually my only post there anyway,  I prefer to live in the real world...Wink

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

my run today did post to fb wall. Confused

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I did what Eric said and it didn't work.  Although, not having my runs show up on my FB wall isn't as big a deal as if they suddenly didn't show up here. Wink  Thankfully, RA > FB.

Ditto on all counts.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You can try going to the FB app's Preferences tab and click the Unlink link at the bottom to unlink the RA and FB accounts.  After that, enter your RA credentials again and reset your publishing preferences.  Usually this would fix the problem.  I suspect the problem is caused by FB revoking RA's ability to publish to your wall without notifying RA.

Do you mean Unlink or Remove?  I haven't found a page that allows an unlinking, just a removal.  If there is indeed an Unlink somewhere could you advise how to get there? 

go to the facebook app and click on preferences. underneath the main box there is a link for unlinking accounts.

Problem is that there is no "Preferences" link on my home page, or on my wall, or on "Edit My Profile" etc, etc.   I spent 45 minutes digging through the morass of Facebook pages but couldn't find anything.

But, I upload to both RunningAhead and GarminConnect, and one can still push the GarminConnect link.