Posting Running workouts to Facebook Wall (Read 2601 times)

when you are at your facebook home page, on the left side there is a list of the apps you have installed. click on the running ahead app. you will see tabs at the top that say summary stats workouts etc. click the last one that says preferences. if you look under the text box (directly under the setting to change date format) there is the link.

Finally found it.  Thanks for your help.

Well my posts were working fine, straight from Running Ahead into facebook, no problem....until the other day. Now nothing. No settings changed, data uploads into running ahead, account linked to facebook as usual......stopped posting to my wall....anyone else had this problem?

rokinrob

Well my posts were working fine, straight from Running Ahead into facebook, no problem....until the other day. Now nothing. No settings changed, data uploads into running ahead, account linked to facebook as usual......stopped posting to my wall....anyone else had this problem?

Same for me.

eric :)

I'm looking into the problem now.

Many users have reported this and I know this is caused by FB.  There are several scenarios:

- a FB server error is preventing RA from submitting your workout

- FB revoked the permission you granted to RA to post to your wall (in which case you need to unlink/relink your accounts)

- FB did not return any error code and just dropped your post silently

- FB "obsolesced" this functionality in favor of a newer/better method (I'll have to rewrite the code)

I'm working on narrowing down the possibilities.

If you want to help, try unlink/relinking your accounts and see if that fixes the problem.  Thanks!

xor

facebook sucks.

xor

Big grin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I added a bit of debug code to see if FB is return errors.  I'll try to upload this change tonight when the site is less busy.

I tried to add a button that allows you to clear your permissions without having to unlink/relink your accounts but I'm running into some weird FB behavior.  I think something is definitely screwed up so I'll wait several days to see if they could resolve it instead of banging my head against the table.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

weird FB behavior.

Redundant.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I added some debug info to the FB posting code today.  It tells me any errors it encountered while posting to FB.  So far I haven't received any errors yet.  This could mean one of two things: no one has entered a workout today that triggered a post to FB, or FB is saying everything is fine.  Has anyone seen their workouts on FB today?

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I just entered a walk, bike and run (3 sep workouts) and none are showing on FB, but I don't mind. Just replying so you are aware.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Kerry,

Have you tried unlinking/relinking?

Just so you know Eric, my logs have been posting since I did the unlink thing you told me to do.  So I guess that's working for some of us.