Importing data from Garmin 405 using USB cable (Read 2078 times)

aybeerunning

hello: is there a way to import run data using the USB cable instead of the ANT stick? I have had issues in the past with wireless technology like this and would like to know if the USB data cable can be used as a backup in case the ANT stick doesn't work. Thanks, AB

Former runner

No. The USB cable is only used for charging the battery. There is no way to connect to the watch with a data cable. It's all wireless.

Ross

aybeerunning

That sucks. Thanks for the clarification
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

aybeerunning, if you haven't already made the purchase, you may want to consider the 305. There are plenty of good deals to be had (Costco.com has them for $159). Yeah, it's bigger than the 405, but not as large as it looks. USB-sync. And the larger display is probably easier to read on the run.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

hello: is there a way to import run data using the USB cable instead of the ANT stick? I have had issues in the past with wireless technology like this and would like to know if the USB data cable can be used as a backup in case the ANT stick doesn't work. Thanks, AB
            I have a 405 that has never been able to sync to my computer via the stick. Garmin can't make it work, nor can the company that wrote the wireless protocol used to communicate between the watch and the stick. No one can figure out why it won't work. It syncs perfectly when plugged into my husband's computer. (I'm a network support professional and used to to do desktop support, so I'm pretty experienced at troubleshooting these types of issues). What I wouldn't give for an alternate way to sync this watch up to my computer. As it stands, I transfer my work-outs over manually or not at all. I've built some custom work-outs on my husband's laptop and loaded them to my watch. I use them regularly and am glad that I have an alternate way to take advantage of this feature. It's very disappointing that for such an expensive piece of equipment the tech support is so lacking (specifically Garmin's support).
            ~ Mary ~

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them, I just do them. The decision has already been made." - Patti Sue Plumer