Anybody Else Here Doing Chicago? (Read 1125 times)

heelgrad92

I'm just curious if anyone else here is going to run Chicago on the 12th. I am doing my taper right now, my wife has bailed on me and won't come with me, so just curious if anyone else out there is running this rather large marathon. This will be my 4th time running it in a row, and I am starting in Corral B, hoping for a BQ time.
      Click here for the: Chicago Marathon group. The forum isn't especially active, but I know that a lot of the runners do watch the boards. I'll be cheering from the sidelines this year, which will be a fun change-of-pace after running Chicago the last two years.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

protoplasm72

I was supposed to but I've been injured. I have a big 0 miles in my log for september Dead I might show up to watch though.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

I'm a first timer. I'll also be in Corral B looking to BQ. Wife will likely come down and join some friends over by the 10 mile mark in Old Town.

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

I am running it. This will be my first marathon. I am so ready for the 12th. I hope to finish around 4:15. Slow I know, but I wanted to make sure I set my goal at a reasonable level so I can enjoy it and hopefully do another Marathon in a few months.
              I'll be running it as my second marathon. I qualified for corral b, but will be in the open corral to start with my girlfriend.

-------------------------------------
              5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
              10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
              1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
              Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

Frank4

I'll be running as well. This will be my second time running Chicago, third marathon overall. Also starting in corral B and looking for a BQ time. Good luck to all.
                  I'm doing it, though I'm slow and dealing with nasty shin splints right now. My taper is consisting of swimming and biking with a little elliptical thrown in! I'll be in the back of the pack - the last of the runners, but faster than a walker. I just want to be done by midnight. Tongue
                  "If you run 100 miles a week, you can eat anything you want - Why? Because (a) you'll burn all the calories you consume, (b) you deserve it, and (c) you'll be injured soon and back on a restricted diet anyway." ~ Don Kardong

Golden Buff

Running it with my 28 year old son who is only marginally ready so we'll be at the back of the running pack. I'm hoping to get him in around 4:15 since its a fairly flat course and we're used to some hills and the mile high air in Colorado.
                    Curt
                      I will see you in the pack then. Are you guys running with the 4:15 pace group?
                        I'll be there also. I'm in corral C and also trying for a BQ (3:30). It looks like the weather will coorporate this year. Start temp should be around 50.

Res firma mitescere nescit
                        Running in Tampa

I'll be there. I will be in the open corral hoping for under 5 hours. It's my 1st time running Chicago. but my 3rd marathon.

Jackie

heelgrad92

I'll be there also. I'm in corral C and also trying for a BQ (3:30). It looks like the weather will coorporate this year. Start temp should be around 50.
                            Now that would be exciting and a lot different from last year when I was running in 80-90 degree temps in Chicago. They added some stations along the course, but cooler temps should make that unnecessary. Last year I drank Gatorade endurance at every station and dumped one or two cups of ice water on my head at every station to keep me cool as long as possible. It helped me finish in 3:30 but I am really hopeful that this year everything will come together for the big BQ.
                              everyday that I look at the Chicago weather Sunday's prediction moves higher. The forcast now is for a low of 62 with higher than average humidity.

Res firma mitescere nescit
                              Running in Tampa

kcam

Now that would be exciting and a lot different from last year when I was running in 80-90 degree temps in Chicago. They added some stations along the course, but cooler temps should make that unnecessary. Last year I drank Gatorade endurance at every station and dumped one or two cups of ice water on my head at every station to keep me cool as long as possible. It helped me finish in 3:30 but I am really hopeful that this year everything will come together for the big BQ.
                                Heelgrad: I have a good feeling you're gonna get that BQ time. I ran Chicago last year as well but couldn't muster better than 3:44 in that heat (and I was almost out for the count when it was over). And I was trained well enough to run 3:15 in good weather. To prove it I came back and ran the Silicon Valley Marathon 4 weeks later in 3:14. Run a smart race and good luck to you and all the other Chicago runners.