still sore two days after 5k. is ok to light jog? (Read 2468 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

If this thread doesn't end in a 100-mile, ostrich-inspired race between Jeff and Dean after three days of fasting, I'm going to vomit in disappointment. 

You won't be able to vomit, after you sympathy fast for three days to truly appreciate watching the race highlights and posts...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

You won't be able to vomit, after you sympathy fast for three days to truly appreciate watching the race highlights and posts...

I suppose I could still dry-heave, but that would only compound my disappointment.

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Compound dry-heaving. Ideal for use when cutting siding in extremely hot and humid conditions.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Why is it sideways?

Indeed, that is based upon my previous 3000m PB of 9:20 set in March 2010. Indeed, since I am training for a sub 9 minute 3k, this works out at 4:49 pace.

Thus my 5 minute mile is somewhat below target race pace, but at present pb pace, which is quite an old pb given that 3k races are quite uncommon on the road racing calender.

Indeed, I have been training specifically for mountain racing as opposed to short speed races. I have built up to this level of training and for less advanced runners a more moderate approach would be recommended.

Besides, the phrase "color me sceptical" smacks of jealousy. Maybe one could do with harder training and greater motivation themselves.

You're an idiot. I challenge you to an ostrich race.

xor

kitt-cat

Go for a run, my man.  My general rule is to run through soreness, unless it becomes "ouch" pain or it causes me to alter my gait.

Kitt-cat: Your typical training runs should not be particularly strenuous and should not cause muscle damage!

Thanks for noting this -- I re-read what I said and should have been more specific -- if you're doing hill or interval work (that kind of training) you probably should feel some soreness associated with the kind of (good) damage needed to build additional muscle mass.

dallasboycows

ok just checking back on my thread and I read all kinds of stuff about ostriches.  hmmm.....  interesting.