First 10k negative split (Read 1154 times)

Rim Rock Dad

I've been running for 5 years now, so I think this is a big deal: Mile 1- 9:24, Mile 2- 9:20, Mile 3- 9:11, Mile 4- 9:07, Mile 5- 8:55, mile 6.2- 10:16 Big grin I'm so happy, it was the best run Ive had in a long time!
    James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
      I've been running for 5 years now, so I think this is a big deal: Mile 1- 9:24, Mile 2- 9:20, Mile 3- 9:11, Mile 4- 9:07, Mile 5- 8:55, mile 6.2- 10:16 Big grin I'm so happy, it was the best run Ive had in a long time!
      Isn't that a great feeling!?!?! Congratulations! Smile Negative splits are so rewarding.

Michelle

Another Passion

That's awesome, James! Way to go! What a great accomplishment! Big grin

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Nice job! Big grin
          "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
            Nice job! Big grin
            Yeah. What he said! We need the good and great runs to help get us through the odd bad one.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Slow-smooth-fast

Yeah that is excellent, I always tend to go out too fast, and end up blowing up early on. I have learnt now that progressively faster is the way to go for me.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Feeling the growl again

That looks great....negative split, but not so negative as to indicate you were sand-bagging at the beginning. Great control of your effort!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills