2013 Sub-3:00 Marathon Goal Thread (Read 2202 times)

bhearn

I neglected to post a goal for Boston, because I was pretty sure I wasn't in sub-3 shape, but I somehow ran 2:58:14.

I neglected to post a goal for Boston, because I was pretty sure I wasn't in sub-3 shape, but I somehow ran 2:58:14.

sweet, weather looked great.

Get off my porch

Hello Clive. Please add my name to the list. I am running Vermont City on May 26, 2013. (43/yes).

Looks like I need a qualifier for 2014 Boston.

Runners run

runnershawn

Did not get sub 3, but in light of events it became small

3:11:34

Mike I am glad you will be there with us next year.

Mmmmm...beer

Looks like I need a qualifier for 2014 Boston.

I was planning on qualifying next year and running Boston in 2015, but now I want to qualify this year.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

aretequest

Good luck AQ, go get it!

Not my day.  Bad GI issues. 3:36.  Felt better prepared than ever else wise.   The wife might give me another bite of the apple.   We will see.

Thought and prayers for all those impacted yesterday.

xhristopher

Thanks, Clive. Go ahead and put my name in for Boston. I ran 3:03:32 at Boston in 2011 and would like to improve by at least 3:33 next April. I hope that's not too much to ask for.

Nope. I tried. It was.

No more marathons planned for 2013. Guess I'm out again.

I didn't expect going sub-3 to be this sad.  Ran 2:58:32 and felt great the whole way, negative split.  Feel horrible now.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I didn't expect going sub-3 to be this sad.  Ran 2:58:32 and felt great the whole way, negative split.  Feel horrible now.

Congratulations. And, hugs.

Liz

pace sera, sera

I was sorrunded by RAers at the Boston finish...I was 2:58:45 (bhearn in the post above was 2:58:14) and had no clue.

Like you I ran a great race that I am so proud of.  Last night after the 1,000th time answering people questions about the event of the weekend I have decided I am not going to understate it any more.  I ran a great race this weekend that I am super proud of and I am going to talk about it that way.  There were two events on Monday, a race and a tragedy, I can talk to you about either.  If you take my excitement at the race for some lack of respect or compassion about the other event, I am sorry you misunderstand me, but that is not my problem.

Don't feel horrible, that doesn't do anyone any good.  Your race had nothing to do with this evil.

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

I was sorrunded by RAers at the Boston finish...I was 2:58:45 (bhearn in the post above was 2:58:14) and had no clue.

Like you I ran a great race that I am so proud of.  Last night after the 1,000th time answering people questions about the event of the weekend I have decided I am not going to understate it any more.  I ran a great race this weekend that I am super proud of and I am going to talk about it that way.  There were two events on Monday, a race and a tragedy, I can talk to you about either.  If you take my excitement at the race for some lack of respect or compassion about the other event, I am sorry you misunderstand me, but that is not my problem.

Don't feel horrible, that doesn't do anyone any good.  Your race had nothing to do with this evil.

Wow. 2:58:21 here.

Great post by the way. I just told a friend of mine today that ran a 3 minute PR that she should never forget what happened but it is ok to be very proud of her race and talk about it in that way. What she accomplished is completely separate from what happened an hour after she finished.

bhearn

In this vein, here is my race report.

I totally understand they are separate events.  It doesn't change how I feel though.  Maybe it just hit me harder because my 7-year old daughter was there with me..   but anyways,  didn't mean to derail.

I think I might have more left in my legs.   If a 2:58 is good enough to get into Boston 2014, I'll be back next year!   Smile

Mmmmm...beer

I think that's a great outlook.  I wasn't going to post my RR from my half on Saturday, because at first I didn't think it was to celebrate.  But that's what we need to do, imo, continue running, continue celebrating our achievements, continue living.  It doesn't mean that you lack respect for the victims or an appropriate appreciation for what happened.

I don't think I'm going to be able to qualify this year, so I'll stick to my original plan of qualifying (and shooting for sub-3) in the spring and run Boston in 2015.  I can't find a qualifying race (without traveling) before Sept, which really isn't surprising, not a lot of marathons over the summer on the east coast.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

xhristopher

Thanks for updating this list, Clive. Lot's of great runs on Monday. For me, it's taking some time to work through the events of the day. One thing I feel is that these runs were done while the race was still a celebration of achievement so they should be acknowledged as such. Despite that, it can still be hard to do due to the weight of the tragedy that is upon all of us.

Yesterday I said

No more marathons planned for 2013. Guess I'm out again.

This feeling lasted just hours... I ran nowhere near my fitness Monday due to 16 miles of GI distress. This morning my wife talked me down from taking another shot this spring since I don't need a BQ. She suggested running Baystate this fall would give me my best chance at running well. I was already looking forward to the Baystate Half for a shot at my HM PR so ... I'm upgrading.

Putting it out there. Baystate, Lowell, MA - October 20, sub 3.