2013 Sub-3:00 Marathon Goal Thread (Read 2202 times)

joescott

Hello Clive. Please add my name to the list. I am running Vermont City on May 26, 2013. (43/yes).

Looks like I need a qualifier for 2014 Boston.

<gasp!>  Unretired?

Awesome.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

joescott

Putting it out there. Baystate, Lowell, MA - October 20, sub 3.

Excellent, Xhris!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

3:03 on limited training, didn't think I had sub 3 in me but held 3:00 pace till about 22ish

Maybe Sugarloaf or Vermont if I feel better in a week and go for it there

No Talent Drips

Maybe Sugarloaf

Keep me posted.

Dei Gratia

kcam

Hello Clive. Please add my name to the list. I am running Vermont City on May 26, 2013. (43/yes).

Looks like I need a qualifier for 2014 Boston.

Good to see this, mikeymike.  I hadn't planned on running Boston again myself but, now, I will be there next year.  Need to demonstrate to this person/people  that the running community will not be intimidated or cowed into submission.

What's the story on the "BQ-5", "BQ-10" etc as getting an earlier slot to register?  I know that was for 2013 but can't find anything on the BAA website about it.    I would understand fully if BAA allows those runners that weren't allowed to finish this year first dibs at reg for '14 but hopefully my current qualifying time will get me an early reg slot.

MTA:  sorry about the threadjack - not appropriate.  Maybe someone could just post a link to those standards as a postscript to whatever you were going to post?

mikeymike

Maybe Vermont

Keep me posted.

Runners run

mikeymike

MTA:  sorry about the threadjack - not appropriate.  Maybe someone could just post a link to those standards as a postscript to whatever you were going to post?

I don't think it's inappropriate at all--lots of us will be driving toward those standards. They have not announced yet but everything I have heard is the plan for 2014 is the same as 2013, i.e. rolling registration opening sometime in September, starting at BQ-20 minutes and moving up each week.

The other thing you may see is the BAA do something like they did for the 100th anniversary where they increased the field for that one year only (to like 36,000 if I recall.) But that's purely conjecture at this point.

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

I've decided I want the option to run Boston 2014 if everything works out, so I just signed up for a qualifier.  I haven't run much (injury) in a couple months, so I need to drop some weight and get in shape.  I would like BQ-20 (2:50).

There is the small detail that the race is Saturday.  Anyone have a good 36-hour marathon training plan?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Doc, my tooth hurts

I don't think it's inappropriate at all--lots of us will be driving toward those standards. They have not announced yet but everything I have heard is the plan for 2014 is the same as 2013, i.e. rolling registration opening sometime in September, starting at BQ-20 minutes and moving up each week.

The other thing you may see is the BAA do something like they did for the 100th anniversary where they increased the field for that one year only (to like 36,000 if I recall.) But that's purely conjecture at this point.

so it was BQ-20, what were the increments it moved up?

Turbolegs

I've decided I want the option to run Boston 2014 if everything works out, so I just signed up for a qualifier.  I haven't run much (injury) in a couple months, so I need to drop some weight and get in shape.  I would like BQ-20 (2:50).

There is the small detail that the race is Saturday.  Anyone have a good 36-hour marathon training plan?

All the best Spaniel ... sounds like a nutty plan but i am sure if anybody can pull it off, it would be you ..

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

Mmmmm...beer

so it was BQ-20, what were the increments it moved up?

IIRC, the increments were BQ-20, BQ-10, BQ-5 and then all BQs.  Don't remember what the spread was tho, I think it was a few days between each increment.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

At this point you're down to a 24-hour training plan. I'd suggest ramping the mileage up a bit in the first 12 and then tapering down for the last 12 hours so that you're not worn out for the race...

xhristopher

I bet 2:50 isn't good enough for the first corral next year.

Feeling the growl again

I bet 2:50 isn't good enough for the first corral next year.

It would not surprise me.  That is why I am not going out on that pace.  Big grin

I do need to be somewhat realistic about what I can actually do though, I would rather be second corral than blow up or re-injure myself.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Good luck Spaniel, I suggest the pfitz 0.28/0 plan for your training...Smile