2013 Sub-3:00 Marathon Goal Thread (Read 2202 times)

run2thehills

rebuilding r2th v2.0

This was tongue in cheek re. the argument you had with that other guy.

BTW I would settle for a 'low-quality" 2:49....

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

I'm new at this so I don't know them all but which ones are on your bucket list?

btw-I didn't even realize there was a list. Sign me up , march 16, RNR DC marathon. Won't be my only shot this year...I think...

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

[Competitive] Jerk

This was tongue in cheek re. the argument you had with that other guy.

BTW I would settle for a 'low-quality" 2:49....

I totally got it and I was waiting for someone to call me on it Big grin

cc4life07 - My original plan was to run all 5 marathon majors within a single year. Then at the NYC Marathon expo I learned not only that the NYC marathon was cancelled but that Tokyo became the 6th Marathon Major. Since it's in February I just don't feel ready to run a marathon so close to Philly both financially and physically so I will not be able to run all Marathon Majors in a single calendar year. I will still try to complete all 6 majors in a 12 month period by running Tokyo in 2014.

lagwagon

Lagwagon- my race is may 5th too and im doing 18/70. We can compare notes !

cool.  I havent figured out yet when the program starts (t-18), I suspect its early Jan but have some planning to do.

I was looking at the program last night, and realized I'm already basically at the level he suggests for the first mesocycle.  I may tweak the plan a bit (ie adjust the miles up about 10% across the board).  the 18/85 plan looks cool but with that many doubles i'll either end up unemployed or divorced (both?).

my goal is to overtrain enough such that my 2:58 hurts less than the 3:36 did.

Hi.

This year I was 3:00:15.7 in my first marathon - paced for 2:55 and crashed in the last 8-10 km.

(First ?) Attempt of 2013 will be Ottawa, 26 May 13.

I'll be 34 on race day, and as I posted in the 2012 thread, I learned a couple race-day things, but I mostly just need more training.

Mr MattM

I missed the age tracking... I'll be 47 for Little Rock...

be curious; not judgmental

I missed the age part as well. 48 on race day for me.

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

28 on race day for me. Not sure what he yes/no part is but I've already signed up so I'm committed. 

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

28 on race day for me. Not sure what he yes/no part is but I've already signed up so I'm committed. 

I may be wrong but I think it is for whether or not you've gone sub-3 already.

Also missed the age and have/have not run <3 before:

29 on race day...no previous sub-3.

BagOfSand

RWOL refugee here, planning to run Boston with goal of <2:40.  Current PR is 2:45:57.  Age 26.  I train with GregTR for anyone that doesn't know.

Mr MattM

Okay, so I've actually read the first post now in it's entirety, and discovered that the other piece of data is whether or not we've been sub3 before, so yes... yes, I have.

be curious; not judgmental

Hi Clive,

Also missed the age part - will be 40 for race and yes previous sub 3's.

jackdyl11

Hi all,

I'm 30, and I've run 2 marathons so far, the last being Boston '10 where I PR'd in 2:47.  For 2013, I'm aiming for the Pittsburgh Marathon on 5/5, and Chicago on 10/13.  The goal for Pittsburgh will be sub 2:40, as my shorter race times are better than they were in 2010, and the goal for Chicago will probably be mid-2:30's (although I probably shouldn't put anything down 10 months out).  In the right format:

jackdyl11 (30/yes) -- 5MAY2013 -- Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA)

jackdyl11 (30/yes) -- 13OCT2013 -- Chicago (Chicago, IL)

In the spring my A race will actually be the Cherry Blossom 10-miler in DC (assuming I get in).  Is anyone else planning on that?

Look forward to hearing from everyone!

CalBears

RWOL's refugee too (though, still posting there from time to time)

47 years old. Ran 4 marathons. PR is 3:06:40 from last week's race at CIM.

Love this Training Log feature at this place and hope the forum will stay as fast as it is now.

Btw, does this place have a blog feature?

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile