2013 Sub-3:00 Marathon Goal Thread (Read 2202 times)

CalBears

Hi Calsbear good to see you made it. Im still learning here but the training log is awesome. Start loading your runs in. I loaded in a couple of months worth to get it going and my key races from this year. You can write a race report in your race entry on the log.

Hi PK! Yeah, glad more and more RWOL people are getting here. Unfortunately, I don't know all the veterans at this forum, but, hope to know them closer with time. Yes, Training Log feature is awesome. I uploaded all my existing data from day 1, but still investigating a discrepancy in total miles number between RA log and Garmin Connect site. It's not big, just a few miles, but,still - need to be in sync. I will check Greg's suggestion about footpod thing, but I was not using footpod much, so, I think it doesn't explain in my case. I think my log is public, can somebody confirm? 

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

[Competitive] Jerk

Calbearsfan - Your log is not public as of yet, at least I can't see the little graph icon next to your name in the forum. DCV was asking the question about discrepancy with Garmin between SportsTrack and RA as well but he had no mention of a footpod. We might just have to succomb to the realization that the mileage will be close enough but not identical. I'm actually fine with that, a couple miles of the year does not make a big difference in terms of what training is. I will always use the number in SportsTrack as my official number.

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

Love the log but haven't gotten to use it this week yet. Should be able to finally run now that I think I've gotten tago stomach bug out of the way. Calbear...play around with your settings a little bit.  There's a privacy option as we can't see your log right now. 

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

CalBears

Calbearsfan - Your log is not public as of yet, at least I can't see the little graph icon next to your name in the forum.

What about now? I set the privacy option to "Only allow members in my groups to view my log". I guess we are not in the same group, so, do I need to make it completely public? 

Hi cc4life07!

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

Hi! And nope...still can't see. I think the groups has to do with the user groups. 

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

[Competitive] Jerk

What about now? I set the privacy option to "Only allow members in my groups to view my log". I guess we are not in the same group, so, do I need to make it completely public? 

Hi cc4life07!

Nope, no workie. I set mine completely public.

CalBears

Nope, no workie. I set mine completely public.

Done. 

[Competitive] Jerk

Now it works!
                  CalBears

Now it works!

Cool!

Greg, how did you get "General Aerobic" run type in your workouts? Is there way to customize it?

Cool!

Greg, how did you get "General Aerobic" run type in your workouts? Is there way to customize it?

From your log summary page, click:

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Hi cc4life07!

The "members in my groups" setting keeps your log private except for people who are members of User Groups you're a member of.  I'm not sure if they can see your log icon anywhere in the forum, or if they only see it in the User Group area.  (Probably the former.)

It's a nice way to keep your log less than completely public, yet still let others have access.  For the paranoid, this setting works especially well if the User Group is gated (rather than anyone just clicking and joining): your chosen cohort will be able to see your log, but the great unwashed masses will not.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

[Competitive] Jerk

Apparently Clive is not too concerned with the unwashed masses. Wink

CalBears

The "members in my groups" setting keeps your log private except for people who are members of User Groups you're a member of.  I'm not sure if they can see your log icon anywhere in the forum, or if they only see it in the User Group area.  (Probably the former.)

It's a nice way to keep your log less than completely public, yet still let others have access.  For the paranoid, this setting works especially well if the User Group is gated (rather than anyone just clicking and joining): your chosen cohort will be able to see your log, but the great unwashed masses will not.

Thank you for your help on adding new types of activities. Anyway, the fact I can block MAPs of my runs is good enough for me. Anybody can confirm that my running maps are not visible to them? :-)

[Competitive] Jerk

"This workout does not have a corresponding map or the map is private." I do the same with my runs from my house but I share maps of races and stuff.

CalBears

"This workout does not have a corresponding map or the map is private." I do the same with my runs from my house but I share maps of races and stuff.

Oh, good thinking... Will do the same.