2013 Sub-3:00 Marathon Goal Thread (Read 2202 times)

Okay, I found it.  Former RWOL MRT member here.  I don't have anything to share yet, just introducing myself.  I see some familiar faces already.  Looking forward to sharing and contributing!

CalBears

Okay, I found it.  Former RWOL MRT member here.  I don't have anything to share yet, just introducing myself.  I see some familiar faces already.  Looking forward to sharing and contributing!

Welcome Swampangel! Don't forget to enter you training into the Training Log. We need to see if you your training is good enough for sub 2:56 Smile.

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Calsbear too many rest days, pick it up ! Just kidding your log looks good. Hey Swamp. Shaping up to be a good thread.

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

CalBears

Calsbear too many rest days, pick it up ! Just kidding your log looks good. Hey Swamp. Shaping up to be a good thread.

He-he... My 12 weeks training starts on 12/25. But, I still deciding if I need to begin running next week (just to warm up for the new cycle) or just continue enjoying non-running life for another week Smile. This is a very hard thinking and a tough decision...

Official introduction.  I'm 51 and went sub 3 last October at Des Moines.  Please put me down for Grandmas Marathon on June 22, 2013.

CalBears

Right, forgot to ask. Could you please put me for Los Angeles Marathon on 03/17/13. Target - 2:59:59. 47 years old. PR is 3:06:40. Hence - never ran sub 3 Smile

calbearsfan(47/no) – 17MAR2013 – Los Angeles (LA, CA) Goal = 2:59:59 RESULT = ______

HermosaBoy

Official introduction.  I'm 51 and went sub 3 last October at Des Moines.  Please put me down for Grandmas Marathon on June 22, 2013.

Hey Rick!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Hey Rick!

Hey Rob,

Are you running outside this morning?  Those trails and roads are a bit icy!  Are you a regular on here?

Swamp

HermosaBoy

Hey Rob,

Are you running outside this morning?  Those trails and roads are a bit icy!  Are you a regular on here?

Swamp

Been here for a while.  Yeah, ran at the lakes this morning.  Did some hill repeats on a very icy hill...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Im noticing alot of very fast 40-60 year old runners on here. Masters seem to be the majority of sub 3 runners ?

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

Awesome how quick some of the masters runners are. I'll aspire to catch you guys or at least get closer to your backs one of these days.

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

PaulyGram(45/yes) – 15APR2013 – Boston (Boston MA) Goal = sub-2:45 RESULT = ______

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
                          Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

Been here for a while.  Yeah, ran at the lakes this morning.  Did some hill repeats on a very icy hill...

Oh that was you I saw at Lake Calhoun.  Sometimes it's hard to recognize people with all the winter gear.  I was running with my friend Kurt, another tall skinny guy!

rachellara

Ok, I found the place, now what?

Suppose I should introduce myself - I'm 42, female, about to run Honolulu marathon tomorrow and aiming for 2:50ish. Current PR is 2:54:54 set in July at Gold Coast. oh yeah, I live in Australia.

Another RWOL refugee to add to the list!

M 2:54:54 I HM 1:23:39

www.runnerrachel.blogspot.com

CalBears

Ok, I found the place, now what?

Suppose I should introduce myself - I'm 42, female, about to run Honolulu marathon tomorrow and aiming for 2:50ish. Current PR is 2:54:54 set in July at Gold Coast. oh yeah, I live in Australia.

Another RWOL refugee to add to the list!

Wow Rachel - you are doing this before the race? When is the pasta time?