Ping: jlynnbob (Read 492 times)

Into the wild

Hey Lynn, you back in the saddle again, What was wrong in the end....sciatica? All the best for a quick recovery,

Shut up and run

You'll ruin your knees!

Hey Johnny! Thanks for asking, yes, I am much better now. Have been seeing a doc that specializes in Active Release Therapy and have been getting really good results. I did my first back to back days running this week with a good solid 8 mile run on Monday followed by a good solid 6 mile run on Tuesday virtually pain free! After managing only 8is total miles last week, I am pretty excited. Doc seems to think I did something to strain the glute which was causing all kinds of issues in the rotator of my hip. He worked the glute and the piriformis muscles pretty regularly. He didn't really seem to think it was sciatica, which makes sense since the pain startes in the upper back of my hip and runs down and in toward my groin. Sciatica usually runs more down the outside, from what I understand...prolly too much info... Thanks so much for thinking of me. I see you are still getting out regularly, hope all is well, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Into the wild

Glad you're sorted fella. I'm back after a long break but with new ambitions; it's always hard coming back Wink Happy trails.

Shut up and run

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Hey Johnny! Good to see you back! I was wondering where you've gone. Care to share your ambitions with the rest of the gang?

Into the wild

Hi Mile Collector, nothing too innovative I'm affraid. I should say that I run in cycles, it seems I like to run in the sun so I generally get six months a year of running before falling off the wagon!! This year has kicked in later after moving to a higher altitude thus having a delayed start. The goal, as usual, is to check any winter weight gain. This time round though I'm going to try to keep the momentum through to the autumn and try to get to a bona fide marathon. I have a septmber half marathon in the UK. My 'reach for the stars' ambition is to get in to ultra; hence why I keep an eye on Lynn Smile Happy trails everyone Smile Johnny (at a funny age)

Shut up and run