1 Week without Diet Coke! (Read 1210 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I've found Crystal Light to be a good substitute for soft drinks. They make it in these little individual packs now that you can add to a bottle of water, which I've found to be really handy. You'd be amazed how much more easily you can power down a 1/2-liter of water if a) it's not cold and b) it has some flavor. Of course, if the research that Trent cites is true, this wouldn't help that sweet-craving thing. However, my own experience with the Crystal Light, as well as caffeine-free diet drinks, is that once you get used to them, regular drinks taste way too sweet. I can't even stand to drink a regular old Coke anymore unless there's rum in it, of course. Cool

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Prophet!

Steve, how's it going? Are you shaking yet? Smile
      last week has been slightly harder than the first week...i may have had a delayed withdrawal symptoms...i felt sluggish all week and i think i may have tried compensating by massive amount of eating..seriously i must've gained three pounds last week...hopefully this week will be better. I still need to find a replacement drink...i used to drink Crystal Light Ice Tea but then i find that whenever i don't stir it well enough, the powder irritates my throat which usually leads to a cold (weird, but it happens a lot).
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

l.i used to drink Crystal Light Ice Tea but then i find that whenever i don't stir it well enough, the powder irritates my throat which usually leads to a cold (weird, but it happens a lot).
        I know what you mean about the powder. My trick is this: 1) open a 1/2-liter water bottle 2) take a few small swigs about of the bottle 3) add the Crystal light individual packet (they come in lots of great flavors) 4) shake the living hell out of said bottle (after having capped it, of course). If you take a few swigs first, there's enough empty space in the bottle so that the water/powder mixes really well.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

last week has been slightly harder than the first week...i may have had a delayed withdrawal symptoms...i felt sluggish all week and i think i may have tried compensating by massive amount of eating..seriously i must've gained three pounds last week...hopefully this week will be better. I still need to find a replacement drink...i used to drink Crystal Light Ice Tea but then i find that whenever i don't stir it well enough, the powder irritates my throat which usually leads to a cold (weird, but it happens a lot).
          Well hang in there! It sounds like you're surviving so far! My husband reminded me a few nights ago about how he used to drink pop religiously. It was very difficult but once he made it through that slumpy withdrawl period he was fine. Smile
          nemo1

Crystal light has aspartame in it too. Personally, I hate the taste of aspartame, so I go for the real deal. I seem to be particularly sensitive to the taste so I avoid it. I need to find caffeine in liquid form that is better for you than soda. Coffee can't be done in my house, people here don't like the smell (except for me). Tea would be good, but there isn't as much variety as there is with soda. I have also given up soda completely because there's just way to much sugar and bad for you stuff in it (I like to get milk with my McDonald's Happy Meal now). I'm not entirely successful because sometimes it's hard to substitute when you are eating out, but at least I know longer have at least one a day. Smile
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I've found Crystal Light to be a good substitute for soft drinks.
              I've found water to be a good substitute for soft drinks. Big grin

Dog-Love

Sadly I have found water a good substitute for lots of things including a third cosmopoliton
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                  Sadly I have found water a good substitute for lots of things including a third cosmopoliton
                  Good answer, good answer! I'm at work, (we provide drug and alcohol counseling), and in work mindset, water is always a good substitute. Big grin

Michelle

Crystal light has aspartame in it too.
                    Crystal light makes my heart race fast, scares me, so I don't drink it.

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'm at work, (we provide drug and alcohol counseling)
                      Interesting. Mississippi, weren't you the one that started the TGIF thread? Tongue

I've found water to be a good substitute for soft drinks. Big grin
                        I'm almost at the end of the first 24 hours of no Diet Coke and the water is helping a lot!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Interesting. Mississippi, weren't you the one that started the TGIF thread? Tongue
                          Yes I did. Big grin Oh, that reminds me, did I put Alabama Slammer on that list? I'll have to add that. Tongue

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Yes I did. Big grin Oh, that reminds me, did I put Alabama Slammer on that list? I'll have to add that. Tongue
                            Nicely done. Someone who understands the importance of not mixing business with pleasure. Big grin