Do you have a GPS? (Read 6909 times)

zer0vector

1: Forerunner 205 2: That would be great 3: I have a Mac, running os 10.3.9 and an Ubuntu Linux box running 7.10 4: I am able to import the data directly from the Garmin in Linux using gpsbabel, so I would only need the ability to upload .gpx (or some other compatible format) files. As for features, the basic stuff that motionbased does is sufficient for me. I think the best use of the GPS data in my case would be if the system auto-created workouts in the log and entered all the relevant data from the GPS file, i.e. distance, time, time of day, etc.

Tag

You've had so many replies already that you may not need anymore. I use a Garmin 305 with the HR strap. I would love to simply be able to automatically upload my daily runs from the Garmin directly into the RA training log for the fields that the Garmin does record. At a minimum that would include: Run Time Run Distance Time/Date of Run Avg Heart Rate Max Heart Rate Now if in addition I could have the entire daily run file uploaded and be able to see the split times and distances plus see a map of the run overlaid on topo, street map, Google Maps, or whatever that would be awesome bonus data. Sporttracks comes close to meeting my Garmin needs but their training log doesn't compare to yours in basic daily data. Thanks for all your hard work.
        1. Garmin Forerunner 205 - Thanks to my wife!!! 2. Yes 3. Windows XP SP2 4. I too like the feel in Sporttracks... It would be very cool to just import straight to RunningAHEAD for all of us DATA HEADS!!! Thanks, Great Site!! Big grin

My Hero

One more. 1. Garmin Forerunner 205 2.Yes 3. Windows XP 4. Whatever you decide.
            1 garmin forerunner 305 2 yes 3 mac 0sX
              This would be a great tool. 1- have garmin 305 2- I would import my data 3- I use window vista on PC 4- the perfect world would be: a. distance b. duration c. heart rate, ave and max d. date and time of day e. break down each lap time (but not a big deal) f. map the course and be able to save it to my courses.
              Gig

1. I got a Garmin Forerunner 205 for Christmas!! Big grin 2. Yes, please. Tongue 3. I've got a PC running Windows XP. Sad 4. I'd love to be able to import my data from my Garmin or the Training Center software to RA. Mostly, I'm interested in distance and time, intervals, courses, and calories burned; mostly just time and distance, but I know you can't go half way with anything you do. It would also be really, really neat to upload my courses from RA to my Garmin.
                Area Man

Garmin Forerunner 205.

TBIRDXC

Garmin 201 (about 2.5 years). Don't download data and use it merely as a training aid to see current pace, split times and total distance. Use it for every distance run. Just came over to RA from coolrunning. I keep track of basic data like time & distance.
                    invisible

Hi guys, As I start work on importing GPS, I need to take a survey of what you're using: 1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible.
                      1. Garmin Forerunner 205. 2. I don't know. What would be the point? 3. Windows XP sp2 --- Firefox 2.0.0.2. 4. It would have to be equal to the combination of Sport Tracks and Motion Based.
                      90 percent of the game is not giving up.

Prince of Fatness

Hi guys, As I start work on importing GPS, I need to take a survey of what you're using: 1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for your help! eric Smile
                        1. Garmin Forerunner 205 2. Possibly. I use SportTracks now and like it. The only reason I would do it would be to share my log. I am more interested in importing from SportTracks rather than the GPS. 3. Windows XP Pro, SP2. Firefox web browser. 4. I guess just import that data in a manner that I don't have to do anything manually to it once it's there. By the way thanks. I just came over from CR recently and this is a nice site.

Not at it at all. 

Hi guys, As I start work on importing GPS, I need to take a survey of what you're using: 1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for your help! eric Smile
                          This is a super idea! Answers: 1. Garmin 305 2. Yes 3. Windows XP; Firefox browser 4. Would like it to import time, distance, pace, and course coordinates with the ability to overlay on Google maps.
                          Wicker

Yes, 305. XP with SP2. Sounds great especially if all of the data is included. Great idea BH
                            harkath

Yes i have been using The garmin 205 forerunner for a year now. It would be a great idea to transfer it to running ahead.i use windows xp
                                1. Timex BodyLink 2. Yes, would likie to import GPX files to mapping 3. Windows XP 4. Would like to import GPX files to the course mapping. I have courses saved on other sites such as MapMyRun.com This web site allows me to import a GPX file and I would like Running Ahead to do the same.

"Any idiot can run a marathon. It takes a special kind of idiot to run an ultramarathon." - Alan Cabelly