Do you have a GPS? (Read 6909 times)

flatfootruns

Garmin 201, not going to get the 305 until they make something better than that strap around for the HRM, & when they give you A choice of colors, I hate RED...
      Hi guys, As I start work on importing GPS, I need to take a survey of what you're using: 1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for your help! eric Smile
      1. Garmin Forerunner 305 2. Yes, that would be great! 3. PC, Windows XP Pro SP2 4. I would like the GPS way points to be imported into the mapping tool on running ahead, with the option of saving and naming the run and using it the same way I use my saved courses. I would like my MHR, AHR, Splits, Date and time of workout, Distance, and Duration.
      Bogart

Garmin 205 Yes XP SP2
        invisible

1. Timex BodyLink
          Off topic, but what the hell; shoot me! Are you happy with the Timex? If you're familiar with the Garmin 205/305; how does the Timex compare?
          90 percent of the game is not giving up.
          HOSS1961

Hi guys, As I start work on importing GPS, I need to take a survey of what you're using: 1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for your help! eric Smile
            1. Garmin 205 2. Yes 3. Dell Laptop with XP 4. Import course, distance, time, laps. Thanks Eric! Smile
            HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured

Life is Good

I have a Garmin Forerunner 305 If I had the capability I would import my data ( still have problems doing that with their program though) Confused I keep up with this site on two computers: a dell PC dimension E510 running windows XP Sony Vaio Laptop Running Windows Vista 07 Keep up with the time/pace Distance and Heart rate. Thanks!

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

1. Garmin Forerunner 205 2. Yes. I currently use SportTracks and would be happy to just use a plugin for that to upload my data to RunningAhead. 3. Windows XP Pro SP2 4. Again, I use SportTracks, and I like the reporting features it has. It plots your route on a Google Earth map, can show your pace vs. time, and you can click on any point in your route to show how long it took you to get to a certain point. I guess the most important things are automatically getting your time and distance and plotting your route on a map. The rest is nice but secondary.
                Go Daddy

Car: yes Wrist: no just a quick post to keep that "civil" thread off of the front page. Everytime I see that thread I of a dysfunctional high school class.
                    1. Garmin 205 2. Yes 3. Compaq, Windows Xp 4. Import course, distance, time, laps.
                    2009 Goals...:
                    -run more miles than 2008

-build base to train for 2010 Rome Marathon
                      1. Garmin 205 and Garmin 305 2. Possibly to Probably, depending on features 3. Windows XP 4. - Distance - Total Time - Moving Time - Elevation Gain(THIS ONE IS HUGE TO ME!!) - Mapping - Ability to export .gpx files - Average Pace - Heartrate data would probably be good for those using it (I use Polar). Avg HR, Max HR, etc Thanks, - Chris
                      Lu481

1. Garmin 201 (planning on upgrading one day) 2. Probably 3. Windows XP with Firefox 4. Distance, time, average pace, laps, intervals
                        pureguts

1) Garmin 305 2) If it were available, I would use this feature. 3) Mac OX X 10.5 4) Getting the basic info from the unit like Avg Pace, Miles ran, lap splits, Time, HR Information. Also would be nice to overlay the course ran over google maps (or some other map).
                          harkath

Garmin 205 is the one I use Harkath

Junior Amphibian

1. I'm still using Garming Forerunner 301 with the heart rate monitor. I have no real reason to upgrade to anything better. 2. Yes, I'd like to be able to import my data here 3. WinXP SP2 4. The import should include distance, time, heart rate average, heart rate max and maybe calories burned. Also, I'd like to have the visual representation of my route.

"People ask why I run. I say, 'If you have to ask, you will never understand'. It is something only those select few know. Those who put themselves through pain, but know, deep down, how good it really feels." - Erin Leonard

I would probably get one - if I could use with the site Smile