Do you have a GPS? (Read 6909 times)

still alive

FYI - On May 21, Motionbased.com will cease and everything will be migrated over to Garmin Connect (connect.garmin.com). Apparently this free site will no longer limit access to your last 10 activities. That being said, I would prefer to log here directly from my FR305. I love RA's training log. Eric, just wondering if you're still considering incorporating GPS uploading? I know it's been a long time since you started this thread. Thanks for all you do!

Greg in ND

One day at a time.

Marquess of Utopia

Just purchased a Garmin 305. I would really like to import files course maps. I think it would be cool if I could EXPORT my RA routes into the Garmin.
        Eric: A while since I posted last, but: I've got a 405. What can you do with that, since it's a wireless download of data?
        My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
        billerby

I have a Garmin 405 as well.

Queen of 3rd Place

1. Garmin 305 2. Not at this time 3. Sony Vaio; Vista Ultimate 4. Not sure
            Hi guys, As I start work on importing GPS, I need to take a survey of what you're using: 1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for your help! eric Smile

Ex runner

obiebyke

FYI: The transition has been moved back to August or September, 2008. Everything will move over the the new site automatically, and you will be redirected to Garmin Connect if you try to navigate to Motionbased, so no action is necessary. Check out http://motionbased.com/gc/view.mb

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

this is why I run....

anyone having problems with your new 405? I was thinking about getting one but when I saw it recently at a tradeshow they were all "broken due to too much button pushing" which didn't should too promising to me. thanks
                  anyone having problems with your new 405? I was thinking about getting one but when I saw it recently at a tradeshow they were all "broken due to too much button pushing" which didn't should too promising to me. thanks
                  Haven't had mine that long (about a month), but the only button pushing I do is to start, stop, reset, and take it out of powersave mode. Pretty much everything else is done via the bezel. So, I don't know that I would worry too much about it. There are 5 of us in our running group all wearing the 405, and all are working fine with no problems.
                  My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                  eric :)

Don! I haven't heard from you in ages and was wondering where you've been! We missed your witty comments and I'm glad to see that you're still around. I haven't looked into the 405 yet. For now, I'll focus on the 205 and 305. If the 405 lets you download via a cradle, great. If not, I'll look into it after I complete the GPS import. eric :-)
                      Don! I haven't heard from you in ages and was wondering where you've been! We missed your witty comments and I'm glad to see that you're still around. I haven't looked into the 405 yet. For now, I'll focus on the 205 and 305. If the 405 lets you download via a cradle, great. If not, I'll look into it after I complete the GPS import. eric :-)
                      1 - Nice to have been missed.Just coming back from knee injuries. Only walked/ran 5 times last December, so that tells you how pathetic it's been. I think I'm back to a regular routine now. 2 - Ran out of witty comments. 3 - 405 is wireless.

Former runner

1. Which GPS do you use? Garmin 405 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? Yes 3. What computer are you using? WinXP, Firefox 2.0 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Save me time entering data Smile I doesn't seem that the 405 can be accessed directly through the file browser, but the ANT agent handles all the data downloads from the device. In WinXP the ANT agent stores the latest workout in the C: \Documents and Settings\< user="" />\Application Data\GARMIN\Devices\< unit="" id="" />\History folder as a .tcx file. You can also export individual workouts from Training Center as .tcx files. I've been using this option to import the workouts into Sport Tracks. I'm not sure what the differences are between the .hst and .tcs files, but the Motion Based wiki refers to .tcx files replacing .hst. MTA: The .tcx files are XML.

Ross

harkath

Hi guys, As I start work on importing GPS, I need to take a survey of what you're using: 1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for your help! eric Smile
                            1. Garmin 305 Forerunner 2. yes 3. windows xp SP2 4. upload distance, time, laps, all heart rate info - ave and max, mapping, date, calories, ascent, descent, ave pace thanks!

Go Pre!

I am pretty sure we have enough survey info now...I mean, the same responses have been posted a hundred times. Just sayin'....
                              rkeddie

Maybe it's time Eric started looking for beta testers? me please...