Do you have a GPS? (Read 6909 times)

Thanks for working on this, and the zillion+ other features you've put into this site! 1. Garmin Forerunner 305 2. Yes! Most definitely! 3. Windows XP Pro, SP2 & Mac OS X.4 4. I love analyzing how my pace changes with various elevations and grades. It would be amazing if there was a way to know how my pace was improving (or not) on particular hills on courses I run often, maybe based on the lat/long data.
      1. Garmin Forerunner 205 2. Yes! 3. Windows XP 4. I use SportTracks and like the map overlay, being able to see my splits in miles or kilometers.

Marathonmanleto

Eric, Can't wait. 1. Garmin Forerunner 305 2. Intend to import to RA 3. Use both Windows XT and mac osx 4. Would like to see all current data imported ie. distance, time, avg. pace, HR, shoe tracking, and mapping Thanks, marathonmanleto
          1. I do not own a GPS. They look big and clunky 2. If I had one I might 3. WinXP w/SP2 Firefox/Opera then IE7 for downloading MS updates 4. Not sure what all the GPS units store...

Vim

mbk

Here are my answers: 1. Garmin Forerunner 201 2. Yes. 3. Windows XP 4. My vision would be for the import function to create a workout but I would like to be able to edit the workout (add shoes, pick from list of courses, add weather/weight/effort/notes/etc.), change the time/distance (because sometimes the GPS is a little off or malfunctions during the run) and, most importantly, see the route on a map. This would be similar to the ability to view the route in the Garmin Training desktop software or the MotionBased tool. Thanks so much! Can't wait to see what you come up with.
            Hi guys, As I start work on importing GPS, I need to take a survey of what you're using: 1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for your help! eric Smile
              1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. Garmin Forerunner 205 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? YES 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. Vista Business Ultimate 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. Gather time and distance most importantly, then mapping next
                1. Garmin Forerunner 305 2. Yes 3. Windows XP 4. I use motionbased and like the detail it provides. thanks,
                RunningHammer

1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model.
                  Garmin Forerunner 201
                  2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com?
                  Yes.
                  3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version.
                  IBM PC compatible HP laptop. Windows XP SP2. Firefox 2.0.0.2. I never use IE.
                  4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible.
                  I would like an import feature to read course data from the device, and automatically create a RunningAhead course. Then to auto-generate a workout entry in the training log populating the appropriate RunningAhead fields such as date, time of day, course (i.e. the newly automatically created course), distance, duration. The user should still be responsible for manual entry in the Type and Shoes fields. Not sure on any other fields as i don't generally use them. A nice to have (for me) would be somehow for the lap data to be used to populate the interval workout fields automatically too, or possibly recorded in RA in another way. Cheers D

You'll ruin your knees!

1. Garmin Forerunner 305 2. Yes, please. 3. Win XP 4. I like the idea of having the import create a workout with me having the ability to edit, I am a MotionBased user now, but just getting started...just the basics...the replay function is nice. UDMAN

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Garmin 305 Windows 2000
                      ennencs

Forerunner 305 Mac OS 10.4.9 Safari I use motionbased and this site but it would be great to use just this site. I like the export to Google Earth feature on motionbased.
                          1. Garmin Forerunner 205 2. Yes! 3. Windows XP, Home Edition, Version 2002 4. I like the idea of just uploading and having your workout automatically logged...but don't know what that would entail. Otherwise, I only use the basic information now, nothing fancy needed. Thanks Eric! Smile
                            Hi guys, As I start work on importing GPS, I need to take a survey of what you're using: 1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for your help! eric Smile
                            1. I have a Garmin 305. 2. I would very much like to import data into RA. 3. Windows XP home SP2, with Firefox2 browser. 4. If it could create the run enry and plot the route on the map it would be great.
                            Run more.
                            vicentefrijole

I like the export to Google Earth feature on motionbased.
                              I second that!
                                1. Garmin Forerunner 201 2. No (because I can't connect this old model to my new laptop without a $35 converter) Sad 3. Windows Vista Home Premium 4. Mapping, elevation summary, interval data breakout
                                Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado