Do you have a GPS? (Read 6909 times)

http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&satitle=Garmin+Forerunner&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&fts=2&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&fgtp= Ebay has a bunch...enjoy!
    If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
    bfitnhappy

I have a Garmin Forerunner 205...I would LOVE to be able to import the data onto runningahead since I end up entering it here anyways.
        Garmin Forerunner 101. Good enough functionality for the money. Only problem is it chews up AAA batteries pretty regularily. Tried to be environmental with rechargables, but they died 8 miles into a 22 miler. Angry
        Funk71

Eric.. Garmin 305 Oh Yeah XP Pro SP2 Like ST, plus the regular RA features, eg breakdown of interval training....
            Smile

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Hoggy

1. Garmin Forerunner 305 2. Yes! 3. Windows XP / IE6 / Firefox 4. I'd love the the import function to create a workout with the ability to edit the details as currently available and edit time / distance or associate with a previously registered "course" to enable relative comparisons for the same course, PB's et/c. Ability to import into Google maps / earth. Good luck!
                Hi guys, As I start work on importing GPS, I need to take a survey of what you're using: 1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. Garmin Forerunner 305 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? If that option is available, I will definitely use it 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. Windows XP 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. I like the features of the Motion Based site, but basically, if it will mark my route on a map, allow me to do some terrain analysis, I'm pretty happy with that. That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for your help! eric Smile
                  1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. forerunner 305 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? yes 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. xp pro 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? something really cool

Dan

Sluggard

1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. Nike+ I realize that Nike+ is not a GPS, but I would love it if there was an import/interconnectivity feature between RA and N+. 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? I would love to. 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. xp pro 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Bring in basic data like workout time [of day], workout duration, and distance.
                      1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. Garmin Forerunner 305 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? If I can, yes, I would want to import the data 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. Windows XP Professional 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. For me, it would be more of a convenience so I don't have to manually enter the data. That is, the importing would create the run entry for me. I would also like to be able to map the course. I don't need any extra graphing or analysis capabilities beyong which RA already provides.
                      I'm in the same boat as Derek.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Hi guys, As I start work on importing GPS, I need to take a survey of what you're using: 1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. I am buying a Garmin 305 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? Definitely. 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. FreeBSD and Firefox, or WinXP and Firefox. 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. Most of the previous comments cover this. I'm new to the running with GPS thing, so I'm not sure. Maybe just be able to use Google Maps in conjunction with my GPS logs. That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for your help! eric Smile
                          1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. Forerunner 305 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? Yup, once I can run again 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. Dell Laptop - Windows XP Premium 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. I'd like to do as little typing as possible. Routes, Time, Pace, Lap Splits with time, distance, and HR Data Big grin Ideally I'd love to integrate the features motionbased has with RA.
                            At least with the Latest version of Garmin Training center you can save your history as a .tcx (xml) file this would make importing a lot easier as you would not have to connect to the device the users would. The only thing is the files are quite big mine after less than 200km is over 6 megs Confused.
                              1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. Garmin Forerunner 305 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? Yes 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. Mac OSX current 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. Transfer the run/bike data directly to the logs; The GPS data to the courses (bi-directional) - This would be a great addition to the site, I look forward to your progress!! Cheers, Jeff Cool
                                1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. Garmin Forerunner 305 (husband is using my old 205) 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? Absolutely! I'd love to do everything in one place. I'm thrilled you're looking into it. 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. Windows XP Home edition, IE 6 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. =Push a button on RunningAHEAD and have it bring in entires from my Forerunner. One thing I hate about MotionBased is that it makes me separately name and identify each run before I can bring it into my account. That drives me nuts. Just let me bring them in instantly and specify details or delete runs after the fact. =Let me look at a satellite image with my course drawn over it. It would be great if you could show me elevation, speed, and elapsed time on top of the satellite image if I click on a point along the route. =Bring in laps separately; be able to freeze a particular moment on a chart and see my speed, distance, and elapsed time in one view; track heart monitor data; bring in elevation data and be able to graph it against speed =Any other nifty way you can think of to show me the data that is available in my Forerunner
                                Started: 200.6 lbs on 6/1/07 Goal: 145