Do you have a GPS? (Read 6909 times)

1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible.
    1. Garmin Forerunner 305 2. yes 3. Windows XP Home Edition 4. I'd like to be able to import the maps mainly, but heartrate would be great too.
    crazygonuts123

I would very much like it to give me the option to create a course in running ahead with the map data so I can choose that course when I do that run again. I'd like it to get lap data and display it so that I can get pace info for preset distances. (My Garmin auto laps every mile so I get pace data for each mile of my run) Heart rate data, too. (average and high)
      teowaits

1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. Garmin Forerunner 305 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? Si.Ja.Oui.Yes. 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. Mac OS X 10.4 on a Powerbook G4 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. Everything said above, in principle Wink Priority should be given to the capability to import run info (distance,time,time of the day), HR info. Importing the map course directly from the GPS device and weather info would be super cool. But actually what I would like to see (and this is not been said, I think) is the option to import maps from gpx files, like those I can create using google-pedometer or other means...import from file too, please, please, please.... By the way, Thanx!!! M.
          Hi guys, As I start work on importing GPS, I need to take a survey of what you're using: 1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for your help! eric Smile
          1. Garmin Forerunner 305 2. Of course 3. PC, windows XP home edition. 4. Import distance, pace, total time, HR would be sweet.
            Well I have a Garmin gpsmap60csx so I wouldn't be carrying that around with me all the time when running as it's way too bulky, but if I were able to upload tracks to create new routes that would be cool and save a bunch of clicking on the Google maps thingy.
            cmazzurco

1. Garmin ForeRunner 305 2. Would be wonderful 3. XP Pro on a Dell 4. I am not sure how detailed the import can be or how customizable, but I would love to see the route, lap data, HR data, maybe the ability to break out mile splits...
                1. Garmin Forerunner 205 2. Would love it. 3. Mac 10.4 4. Pace, time, map, elevation changes, whether my left foot hurt. I can't think of anything else that other people haven't repeated repeatedly.
                2008 Goals
              • Run 1250 miles
              • Get down to 135!
              • Break 5 hours in the NJ Marathon

• Anyone have pizza?

Renee, I have a Polar S625X which is a "pod" based system. I hear that the Garmin 305 is better, but since its GPS based, have you had any issues when running around densely populated areas (buildings in Brooklyn, etc etc)?
                    I find the software that comes with the Polar is more versatile. I especially like being able to isolate and save portions of activites, so you can get more detailed data on sections of your runs.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                    Thyroid Support Group

maxl311

1. Garmin Edge 205 2. Yes. 3. Mac OS X 10.4.10 on Intel MacBook. Use both Firefox and Safari browsers. 4. Upload all GPS data and map it. Include summary and all details of time, distance, speed, elevation, lap speed. Would also like to pull in weather data from an external source (GPS device doesn't have weather info, after all). Would also like to see elevation correction automatically done for those GPS devices that do not measure elevation via barometric pressure (something like the MB Gravity web service on MotionBased.com). Let me import and export data using standard formats (XML, HST, etc). Would also be nice to be able to embed the data (and maps) on an external site, such as my blog.

Go Green Wave!

1. Garmin Forerunner 305 2. You bet! 3. Windows XP Professional SP2 4. Import data! Maps, Heart Rate, Pace, maybe Virtual Runner Info??
                        Gaetan

Motion Lingo with Windows XP. I'd love to import, thanks The import feature does not have to be fancy. Just a import GPX file button Thanks
                          guys

Hi, 1) Garmin 305 on order, I can't wait to have it ! 2) Oh Yes !! 3) WinXP - SP2 4) Map my course; graphics of speed, hr, etc;
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Do you have a GPS?
                              No. Not any more. Sniff. Sad
                              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey