Do you have a GPS? (Read 6909 times)

lightscalar

1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. I use a Garmin 305. 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? I would love to. 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. MAC OS X (10.4) with Firefox. 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. Importing time and distance data, largely -- perhaps autogenerate a run log entry. Important to look at split times and split pace. I also like being able to view the route on GoogleMaps. Thanks for this. Great site.
      . Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. I use a Garmin 201. 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? Sometimes...I wouldn't import every single run since it's the same course a lot of the time, but during the summer and winter when I run random routes, yes. 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. Windows XP SP2, Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.6 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. Importing time and distance data...however, I'd like the ability to override the distance value. Sometimes I'll run 5 miles, but it says I ran 4.99. This way I'll get the correct pace. Also, the coolest feature would be able to view the course using an aerial view. However, Google Maps doesn't zoom into my location enough, so I'd prefer to use Ask's photos. (Not sure how hard it would be to have to program for different API's.) Auto split data would of course be awesome too.
        Hey Eric I must be behind the times here in Mexico. I do have a GPS but its not a Foreruner 305 as everyone else has. I have a Timex Spped+Distance GPS 3D which has a direct upload uption. I started using this function but then swithced to the Nike + sistem. I have't been very happy with the accuracy of Nike and have now fully switched my log over to your site thanks to your help with R4R. It would be great to have an upload option through RunningAhead and I would definitely use it. Brad H
        ebookmeyer

Eric, This would be absolutely awesome!!!!!! I love my GPS. 1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. Garmin Forerunner 305 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? Absolutely 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. XP and Firefox is my browser 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. You should be able to save the course, pick out mile splits, interact with the map to mark features such as water or get times from specific points.
          countrycruiser

1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. Forerunner 205 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? Would love too!3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. Windows XP SP2 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible Ditto to Vicentefrijole For the most part, I like the way that MotionBased has set up the import. You plug in, push the button, and then you can still surf the rest of the site while it works on importing your data. (That might be tricky though?) It would be great if your import tool could collect all the data, including heart rate over time and "laps" (currently I keep track of my mile "lap" splits and simply enter them manually in the "notes" section, and I only am able to enter my max and ave HR), but this might require a major reworking of your data fields?

Runner

1.Garmin Forerunner 301 2.Yes 3.Windows XP sp2 4.Import my data so I can map it on the google maps and create a run out of it
                Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. I use a Garmin 305. 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? Yes, that would be great! 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. MAC OS X (10.4) with Firefox and XP professional with Firefox. Firefox is always latest stable version 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. Upload of the main stats. Length, pulse, maps etc. I already use Sporttracks with my Garmin - http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/ (dont know if links are allowed in here?! Confused
                  Hello. 1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. I have a garmin etrex legend. 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? yes, that'd be nice. 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. I use a Linux Kubuntu system (kernel version 2 2.6.20-16) 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. First, the times and distances of each run could be computed from the gps data instead of inserted by hand. Second, I'd like to keep record of each track, and be able to display it on a digital map like the ones RunningAhead already uses (google map, goggle sat, etc). Cheers! And thanks for RunningAhead!
                  Mildred

Hi Eric, I've just tried out my new toy for the first time today... I love it! It would be really good to be able to combine my runningAHEAD log with my GPS stats coz looking at my graphs on here really gees me along. So.... 1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. Garmin Forerunner 305 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? Yep! 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. MAC OS X (10.4.10) with Firefox. 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. Er, I don't really know what is and isn't feasible. To transfer distance, pace, heart rate and elevation. Also to see the route on the map. Cheers Eric Big grin
                      Hi Eric, 1. Garmins Forerunner 305 2. Yes import to runningahead would be very much appreciated 3. Microsoft XP (Prof) vers. 2002, SP2 - IE7 4. Import speed and pulse data in order to generate lap times on e.g. each km as well as showing you puls in different puls zones. Moreover would a mapplayer feature be cool for group members that have participated in the same race. The map player could also be used for yourself to analyse different runs on a common route. Two principal functions should be incorporated highlighting route sections with different colors according to speed and moving cursor functionality resembling the different runners. Have a look on motionbased.com. rgds Robert
                      sathomasga

1. Garmin 305 and Timex Bodylink. (Yes, I have both.) 2. Sure. 3. Primary: OS X Tiger on PowerPC, Secondary: Windows XP (mainly for Timex imports ;^). 4. Autogenerate a log entry and be able to review relevant statistics from the workout (e.g. comparing pace to elevation change or heart rate). (Showing a map like Sporttraks is kind of fun, but for me, not much practical use.) Just found this site. It's awesome (and I will definitely donate once I've checked out a few more features). Stephen
                          1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. - Garmin Forerunner 305 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? - Maybe - see below 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. - Windows XP 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. - In the grand scheme of things I don't use it for much more than on-the-run data (pace, distance, HR). Yet. But am disappointed with gStart's map overlay, and would love to see it overlay a google map/satellite image. If the whole downloading/tracking/graphing is something equal to or better than the gStart, I'd probably use it as a default.
                            Garmin 305 I would use most of the features you would come up with I like data

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                            Thyroid Support Group

Sandi Sue

1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. Garmin Forerunner 305 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? Yep. 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. Internet Explorer 6.0 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. I love all the motion based data results. Something similar to that would rock. Distance vs. Time, Splits, Elevation, map routing, etc. I concur with the previous statement: I love the data. Data makes the world go round. Cool

Races for 2013:

Kluane Bike Relay (4 legs 70 miles)

Calgary 70.3 (72.3)

Aukeman Sprint Triathlon 8/6/2013

Pain is Temporary  Pride is Forever

noakesdoc

No If i had one Any offers to bring one over and post it to me , i would send you payment via paypal and postage from UK. thanks