Do you have a GPS? (Read 6909 times)

gregw

1. Garmin FR305 2. Yes 3. Win XP SP2 (but I'd love to move back to Ubuntu linux -- FR305 is keeping me on windows) 4. Plot my route on a map and show distance, time, pace, and average heart rate over a run and for each splits (maybe elevation gain/loss as well). Ideally, I'd like to be able to import my existing SportTracks data including notes. (It's an XML file, so I might be able to figure it out if runningahead has an api for publishing data to it). gregw (a coolrunning refugee)
      1. Garmin FR305 2. Yes, I'm trying to combine into 1 place...right now using the crappy Garmin software and SportTracks and Excel 3. Win XP SP2 4. Everything that SportTracks has + the W/O creation feature of the Garmin Software

Dave

1. Garmin FR305 2. Yes 3.Mac OS X 10.5.1 (also can use Windows XP under VMware 4. Ditto on the sporttracks capability. Might be able to code it up as a plug-in to sporttracks as a way to reduce development.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

1. Garmin 201 2. Maybe 3. Windows XP 4. Smile
          ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Hey Eric thanks for taking the time to look into it: 1. Garmin Forerunner 305 2.Yes, I'd love to, now I am currently using Sport Tracks. 3. XP SP2 - Firefox 2.0.0.11 4. Everything that is possible to do on SportTracks.

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
            My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
            Ride 112 miles.
            Run 26.2 miles.
            Then brag for the rest of your life.
            -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

runningmn

1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. 1. Garmin GPSMap 60Cx 2. I would if it was available. 3. WinXP SP2, Win Vista Home Premium 4. I would probably just use it to import my tracklog into the map for running routes. I would only use this feature once in a while, but it would be a very cool feature to have.
              Brant

1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. Garmin Forerunner 205 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? YES 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. XP Pro SP2 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. Bring in map of course with distance, of course, and let me analyze splits (show recorded splits, 1/4 splits, etc.)-as another person stated-have it do the same thing as SportTracks.
                joe811

1. Garmin 305 2. Yes 3. Win XP SP2 4. Everything that SportTracks has + the work out creation feature of the Garmin Software Thanks for looking into this. Smile
                  HermosaBoy

1. Garmin 305 2. I would love to if it is an option 3. Windows Vista Home Premium 4. What I would love is the minimum number of manual entries. If I could import and only have to indicate which shoes I was wearing and fill in comments, that would be great. If the GPS could fill in as much of the data in the log as possible, that would make me very happy!!! Big grin

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

I have the Garmin 305 My computer has Windows XP Professional I have no special requests......reading what others are suggesting is fine with me. Just know that if you offer it, I will definitely be interested. Thanks Eric
                      Vista
                      Kenotic Runner

Hi guys, As I start work on importing GPS, I need to take a survey of what you're using: 1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model.
                        I'm using a Garmin Forerunner 101 I got for Christmas last year.
                        2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com?
                        My 101 is low-end and has no interface. I might be a new GPS when you add the import feature here. My thoughts on make-and-model on this sort of this is often to buy "mainstream" so vendors and sites and that will support.
                        3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version.
                        XP.
                        4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible.
                        New, distance, pace, and elevation change. Also would like to be able to chart out a course online and then download it to the GPS to help out finding the way for running new trail courses where there might be a few key turns.
                        That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for your help! eric Smile
                        No, thank *you*.
                        Fred.Just Fred

The Internut

I have a Garmin Forerunner 205. I've used it for about a year, now. Before that I had a Forerunner 201. I find them very helpful, as I use them to check my pace and progress. They generally have more features than I use (training partner, etc.) but these days I almost feel lost without one.

I'll have days when I don't think I can run a marathon. I'll have a lifetime to know that I did.

JoeO

1. GPS: Garmin Forerunner 205 2. Yes I DO intend to import my data into RunningAhead if it is not difficult. 3. Computer OS is Windows 2000 with the latest service pack. PC is built myself from an Asus P4T 4. **I want the importer to, of course, import distance, time, time of day, and mile splits -- if I have it set to record them. **One important feature -- Sometimes I use my Garmin on an indoor track. In these cases I turn off the GPS and just record the splits. It would be nice if the importer could recognize such situations. Garmin's software does but other software (like SportTracks) does not read such runs at all. ** It would be nice if the importer could figure out which of my pre-entered courses the GPS track corresponds to. I can see how difficult that would be since multiple runs over the same course are going to come out to different distances on different days. It would have to be a very smart algorithm that would be able to do that. However I must say, one nice feature of CoolRunning's log was that if I were entering a run, I could just enter a title for the course without actually CREATING a course entry in my list of courses. It seems that RunningAhead requires a course entry for any run. I wish that requirement could be removed. ** It would also be nice if the importer would allow me to make a new course entry from a run. **One VERY cool feature (though certainly not necessary) would be if the importer could do some sort of automated weather lookup based on the coordinates of the run. SportTracks actually does this, though I have no idea how. I imagine it is very difficult. **Another feature -- I can set the Garmin to a Multisport mode. For example in triathlons, I wear it for both the bike and the run. Garmin's software recognizes this and enters the sports as different sports. Be nice if the importer could allow for this. **I don't have a 305 but if I did I imagine I would want it to import the HR data too.

this is why I run....

1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. GARMIN 201 BUT WANT TO GET A 305 IF I CAN FIND ONE AT A REASONABLE PRICE 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? SURE. I DON'T IMPORT IT RIGHT NOW BUT IT CERTAINLY WOULD BE EASIER. I DID NOT IMPORT IT TO COOLRUNNING AS IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE AND DIDN'T WANT TO KEEP TWO DIFFERENT COMPUTER LOGS. 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. ? HAVE TO ASK MY HUSBAND WHAT KIND OF COMPUTER. WINDOWS XP 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. WOULD LIKE IT TO IMPORT ALL INFO WITHOUT ME HAVING TO RETYPE THE DISTANCE, TIME OF DAY, TIME OF RUN, PACE, ETC. BASICALLY ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING RIGHT NOW. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR WORK ERIC! GREAT JOB! S
                                1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. I just got a Garmin Forerunner 205 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? Yes 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. Windows XP SP 2 Firefox 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. I would like to import as much data as possible. I mostly got the Garmin for the accurate distance/mapping, splits/interval training.
                                Team Cross Runs more than just a running blog!