Kirsten & Eryn run the Strider's Classic 10 Mile. (Read 669 times)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Congrats K! That's a pretty awesome PR! Shaving 10 minutes in any distance is incredible. How's Erin doing?
    eric :)

(unfortunately the elevation won't show in the map I made...Eric, any way to fix that)?
      Kirsten, Could you make the map public? It's private and I can't see it. You'd think I'd be smart enough to get around it but I'm not. Blush
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Congrats K! That's a pretty awesome PR! Shaving 10 minutes in any distance is incredible. How's Erin doing?
        She's doing very well! Her only real issue was a blister from shoes in need of replacement. She just went and bought a new pair today...same shoe I just put on the back burner for being not stable enough for me--identical color, even. And she bought the same NB skirt that I plan to run for our big race. Too bad we can't really be twinsies! Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kirsten, Could you make the map public? It's private and I can't see it. You'd think I'd be smart enough to get around it but I'm not. Blush
          Ok, that's weird...I was able to get the elevation to work, now. It's public now, too. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

eric :)

Ok, that's weird...I was able to get the elevation to work, now. It's public now, too. Smile k
            What did you do different?
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, that's weird...I could get the elevation to show when I edited it to make it public (and set it as a race course), but when I went back to simply view it I still could not get the elevation to show--it said that there was a bad elevation point and that it could not display elevation. I get that error on all of my maps, but I thought maybe there was a limit to Google maps in my local area (we don't have the detailed satellite imagery for my neck 'o the woods, for instance). k

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks, girlfriend! I hope you can run with us someday...Joni, too. Wouldn't it be fun to someday do the North Contry Trail Relay up in Baldwin? 6 runners/team and there are a variety of lengths for the legs each runner can run. We could have the 4 of us and find 2 other gals to be on our team--that would be SO fun!
                Now THAT realllly sounds fun!!! Hey, humongous congratulations on your race!! ((HUGS)) I'm sorry that it wasn't the best for you, but you kicked butt anyway!! You have worked so hard, Kirsten (and Eryn!) it really shows! You guys should be so proud!! I was cheering for you over here! Did you hear me??
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Did you hear me??
                  Wait, maybe that wasn't a cow mooing at us from a farm around the 1.5 mile mark! We were laughing that the cow was saying MOOoove! But in hindsight I'll bet we were hearing you hollering MOVE from way up here! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Ughhhhhhhhh sucks you had breathing issue's but OMG you kicked the race's but! WTG kicking 10 minutes of your 10 miler!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, Pam! Either tomorrow or Tues. I am going to call my doctor about treating my asthma more aggressively. I don't want my lungs to continue being my greatest limiting factor. They are small to begin with...yesterday was tough--I'm sure the high tree pollen count is not helping matters any. k

~ Sarah Kay

Great job, you two! Congrats!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Fantastic! Big grin
                          Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You know, you're ready to go sub-60 for 10k and sub-30 for 5k. I'm just sayin' Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Now that was a bath...

Awesome job sisters! I checked out your log and the improvements that you are seeing are amazing! Good luck for the next race too. It's good to see you racing again! Go Zoomy, go Zoomy, go zoomy! Claire xxx
                            • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                            • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                                Awesome!