How would you log (Read 526 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

How would you log a run that crosses midnight? Would you log it for the day it starts? Or the day it finishes?
    obiebyke

Whichever was likelier to make my log look impressive. Big grin

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

How would you log a run that crosses midnight? Would you log it for the day it starts? Or the day it finishes?
        I've only run near the midnight hour twice, but I always go with the start time.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

You'll ruin your knees!

Well, I have a little experience with this, so it seems. Not sure what's proper, but I have always logged those runs on the day they started. May not be the best way, but it is consistent. As for impressiveness, those runs that span weeks are the ones that can really swing your log one way or another! Shocked Confused

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

madness baby

I think the real question you're trying to ask, Trent, is where your evening beer count should go. If so, I'd go with the day it starts. Wink
            deb
            mikeymike

Day it starts. Whenever I put in time and weather I use the time and temp when I started too. So for consistency I'd go with the day a run started...that is if I were boob enough to do a run that crossed into a 2nd day. I'm not at that level yet.

Runners run