concussion (Read 715 times)

Fortune and glory kid

Any thoughts on running with a concussion or maybe when to return to running after suffering a one? CT scan was clean, no fracture and no obvious damage but it was a very solid hit on the asphalt after jumping down from the back of my truck. Damn black ice took my feet right out from under me. 

Kevin

I took a spill from my bike at the end of August and got a concussion from it. I was knocked out for about three minutes before regaining a little awareness. I did my first short, easy run five days later. The doctor told me when my headache was gone  and I help closer to normal that I could resume working out again but if the headaches returned I should stop for awhile.

MTA: I am no doctor so take what I say for whats its worth........very little. Hopefully Trent will chime in.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2013 Goals:

5k = sub 21:00

HM = sub 100 minutes

Run = 3650 / 2 miles

Bike = 3500 miles

Swim = 150 miles

Race 1st HIM