Training Plan Copy Error (Read 91 times)

DistanceCoach

So, I was trying to copy a training plan so that I could split it into two training plans.

Original version was 17 weeks with all entries filled in between 2/16 to June 10th (I think those are the correct dates).

So, I copied the plan and then renamed one version and went to delete the 13 weeks that will be in the second plan.

Then when I went to delete the first four weeks from the other one -- the last 13 weeks are gone from that one as well.

Please tell me that there is some way to restore this!!!  I spent a lot of time creating the training plans for a high school distance team that I am coaching this year...

I also sent you an email through the feedback button.

Rob

I am also having an issue with copying training plans  - it isn't something I've done before, so maybe I'm just doing the whole thing wrong.  I have a marathon training plan from last year, trying to copy it over to a new marathon for this year.  In particular, was feeling lazy and didn't know which day it should start.

First I copied the training plan with a new name, but I couldn't get the dates to change.  Tried setting the end date and adding 18 weeks, hoping it'd feel in the beginning date - instead it's telling me that I'll lose 53 weeks of data and then I get a blank training plan!

Next I tried figuring the start date on my own, so I deleted the end date and number of weeks, entered the start date, but I'm getting red boxes around the dates and sometimes the nonsense "NaNaNaN..." completely filling the box.  I've tried a few different things, like hitting "Save" at different points, deleting and starting over, etc. but nothing will let me just copy the training plan to a new set of dates!  Is this something I should be able to do?

eric :)

WMLizard,

If you select "shift date range", then you can change the dates without affecting the weeks.

eric Smile

Hi DistanceCoach,

I've been looking into the problem in the last couple of hours and I couldn't reproduce the problem.  I checked the data and the logs.  Everything looks consistent.  I'm not saying that there is no problem and I would like to get it fixed, but I will need to reproduce the problem in order to know where to search for the bug.

As for the backup, it looks like you created the plan the night before so I might be able to restore from backup.  It's not a simple process to restore specific records so it'll take a while.  The first step is to verify that the data is in the backup.

eric Smile

DistanceCoach

Hi DistanceCoach,

I've been looking into the problem in the last couple of hours and I couldn't reproduce the problem.  I checked the data and the logs.  Everything looks consistent.  I'm not saying that there is no problem and I would like to get it fixed, but I will need to reproduce the problem in order to know where to search for the bug.

As for the backup, it looks like you created the plan the night before so I might be able to restore from backup.  It's not a simple process to restore specific records so it'll take a while.  The first step is to verify that the data is in the backup.

eric Smile

Not sure you will be able to reproduce exactly what happened.

From what I can guestimmate -- somehow when I deleted the 13 weeks from the one version, it was also deleting them from the copied version?  Either that, or I did something off when saving?

The good news is the portion that remains in the training plan(s) is the part for the next 4 weeks.  The part that is missing is for the 13 weeks after that.  So, if you aren't able to restore it, I would have some time to recreate it...

I am REALLY hopeful that you are able to restore from back-up though.

Hi Rob,

I restored the previous day's backup and unfortunately, you have not created the first draft of the training plan yet so the data was not backed up.  I am sorry that the data cannot be recovered.  If you can provide additional information of what happened, or try to reproduce it, I would like to get to the bottom of it.

eric Smile

DistanceCoach

Hi Rob,

I restored the previous day's backup and unfortunately, you have not created the first draft of the training plan yet so the data was not backed up.  I am sorry that the data cannot be recovered.  If you can provide additional information of what happened, or try to reproduce it, I would like to get to the bottom of it.

eric Smile

Here are the steps I followed (as near as I can recall):

1. Created the training plan with entries from February through June.
                2. Saved the plan.
                3. Made minor adjustments to the plan (adding weightlifting, phases, etc.).
                4. Saved the plan.
                5. Added in the track meets for the season.
                6. Saved the plan.
                7. Decided I wanted to split the plan into Base Building and the Balance of the Season.
                8. Created a copy of the plan.
                9. Began editing the copy of the plan to remove the last 13 weeks.
                10. Changed the dates of the plan I was editing to only include the first 4 weeks.
                11. Went to edit the other version of the plan to remove the first 4 weeks.
                12. When I went to edit the other version of the plan -- noticed that the last 13 weeks were gone from BOTH versions of the plan.
                13. Sent you an email.
                14. Created this thread.

As near as I can tell -- that about summarizes what went on.  I only deleted entries from one plan, but somehow they came out of both...

Rob,

I'm not sure what happened, but the backup does indeed have a copy of your training plan.  I have never attempted to restore a subset of the data so please give me a day or two to do this.  Thank you for your patience.

eric Smile

DistanceCoach

Rob,

I'm not sure what happened, but the backup does indeed have a copy of your training plan.  I have never attempted to restore a subset of the data so please give me a day or two to do this.  Thank you for your patience.

eric Smile

I will GLADY give you a day or two...

As always Eric -- you the man!

As always Eric -- you the man!

If I'm "the man", then it wouldn't have happened ;-)

I've restored "Base Building".  It should be at around step 4 in your repro list.  Please take a look to make sure everything's ok.  After that, I highly encourage you to try to reproduce the problem because I can't get it to happen.

eric Smile

DistanceCoach

Thanks Eric!!!

As an extra backup -- I copied it to my hermosaboy log too.

Went in to edit a couple of the copies and instead of deleting entries, I just changed the dates. This seems to have worked better.

I will make a couple of extra copies within the training plan section.  Will try to recreate what happened with one of them.

DistanceCoach

Try as I might, I have not been able to recreate the problem.  Not sure what happened, but I guess I am in a fairly happy place in that I now have two plans:

• Base Building -- First Four Weeks
                          • Full Season -- Last 13 weeks

Question for you, Eric.

Is there a way to hide one of them and not have it post to my calendar until I say so?  I don't want to give away too much to the team too soon...

So, I would like to have the Base Building one displaying currently.  Then at some point in the next few weeks, I could "release" the Full Season one to the team to copy down onto their calendars.

As an alternative -- is there a way for me to push the plans to them (I assume that this is a no)?

One thing I have noticed -- when I try to copy a training plan in Chrome Version 32.0.1700.107 m, the behavior is not as expected (as in it didn't seem to want to copy).  I then tried it in IE9 and it copied fine.

DistanceCoach

Eric, having trouble copying a training plan that I put into the team space and keep getting an error.

The training plan is under the username backupforrob.

When I try to copy the Training Plan "The Season" (or even view this plan), I get the following error:

Fatal Error

An unexpected error occurred while processing your request. If this problem persists, please contact me.

Thoughts?

ETA -- seems to be only a problem for this user name.  I was able to copy the training plan to my hermosaboy user name, but when I then tried to copy to distancecoach -- same thing...

Seems like I cannot view and/or copy training plans under this ID.