Runners: We're poised to take over the world! (Read 543 times)

Needs more cowbell!

Ok, so be on the lookout for a fellow mom in my area who also runs! It's kind of a long and convoluted story, but we enrolled Dane in swimming lessons this Spring and put him in a class that was really a bit beyond his abilities, but I figured we might as well keep him in for the 6 sessions, since maybe he'd rise to the challenge (he didn't, but that's not the story). Anyhow, another mom with a DD about 6 months older than Dane also has been at each class, so we've sat by each other and chatted during class. Today I happened to mention that I run and I come to find that SHE ALSO RUNS--woot! And I also find that we are planning to run some of the same races and are in the same age group (she's about a year younger than I am). So, of course I passed along the addy for RA and my e-mail. I really hope she joins! I might actually be able to do some runs with others this Summer. One of these days Joni and I need to (finally) meet-up and get a little jog in. Big grin k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

that's cool Kristen. Always fun to find people in your area that you can run with occassionally and that you see at races- adds to the fun of the race.
      http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
        One of these days Joni and I need to (finally) meet-up and get a little jog in. Big grin k
        I'm tryyyyyyying to work my way there! I'm really trying!!! If the darned body and enthusiasm were at the same level, it would help!! Big grin