What is your opinion of Alberto Salazar as a coach? (Read 1632 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

This thread is timely because I was just thinking: "I wonder what sport  jester thinks of Alberto Salazar."

Now this is some funny s**t.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Now this is some funny s**t.

Agreed.

Jeff

sport jester

Biomimeticist

I can ask him a question that he can't answer.  It just won't be about running.  But then again I have never made that claim, have I?

Please quote any post from me where I said that I held Salazar to some god status.

I can ask questions about running he can't answer, and that's what will drive his opinion about me...

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

I can ask questions about running he can't answer, and that's what will drive his opinion about me...

Could you please elaborate on this point? 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Prince of Fatness

Is there anyone who knows more about running than you?

Not at it at all. 

Could you please elaborate on this point? 

If I were a betting man, the question had to do with ostriches. 

you know... at some point life is about results. 

results:

Alberto Salazar:  dozens of records and medal winners

You: none

talk all you want about theory and super fast walking and dinosaurs.  talk is cheap. 

saying you helped a nude roller skater work on form or helped someone on this site to climb stairs is fine... it's more than I've accomplished as a coach, I'll grant you that.  But it doesn't give you credibility to bash another coach who has been 1,000 times more succesful than you. 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

This thread is timely because I was just thinking: "I wonder what sport  jester thinks of Alberto Salazar."

And Alberto is dying to find out the secrets held by SJ.  Reducing gravity by 30% is nothing to sneeze at.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Is there anyone who knows more about running than you?

I'll meet them when they can tell me how the women of Kenya carry 20% of their bodyweight with no increase in energy expenditure. I'll have utmost respect for the person who can describe how they do it, mimic how they do it, and teach how they do it. And prove they did it before I did.

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v319/n6055/abs/319668a0.html

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

sport jester

Biomimeticist

And Alberto is dying to find out the secrets held by SJ.  Reducing gravity by 30% is nothing to sneeze at.

Alberto isn't "dying" to learn anything from me. If he were, he'd have to admit that someone knows more about running than he does. And his ego surely won't stand for that...

As to his accomplishments, they don't impress me because Uncle Phil bought him those runners.

I'm still waiting to read what improvements in running skills he actually imparted to them.

Because for all his "accomplishments" he never mentions wasting millions of dollars of Uncle Phil's money and failing to take Boston as one of them.

JimR

THAT'S IT!  THEY SNEEZE AND PROPEL THEMSELVES UPWARDS!!!!   GENIUS!!!!  SHEER GENIUS!!!

THAT'S IT!  THEY SNEEZE AND PROPEL THEMSELVES UPWARDS!!!!   GENIUS!!!!  SHEER GENIUS!!!

You guys need to stop.  I'm not getting any work done.

Jeff

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

You guys need to stop.  I'm not getting any work done.

You need have more gravity. Swing your arms more.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

kcam

One mustn't disturb the delicate genius.

What measurements can you list for me which document any biomechanic skill change in their running technique.

That's your measurement for improving a runner?  Biomechanic skill change?  I can't imagine why Uncle Phil buys runners for him and not for you. 

Obviously, nobody has recognized your genius yet...wait, I think someone has:  Moon Shiver.  Where's Moon Shiver when you really need him? 

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it