Is there a movie you know word-for-word? (Read 1212 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Mine is "Blazing Saddles." It's on some cable network right now, so I can hear it in the background and am reciting all the lines right along with the film. I should probably be really embarassed by this fact, huh...? Smile k Modified to add: RIP Madeline, aka Lili Von Schtupp

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Between my son and I, I think we could come up with almost all of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. We saw Spamalot last year and LOVED it. Smile

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Blazing Saddles is a good one; I haven't seen it for probably 7 or 8 years so I'm not sure I could recite every line but I'd probably be close. I have no doubts that I could recite Monty Python and the Holy Grail as well as Life of Brian word for word. When I was in college I had a friend that I could drive absolutely batty by reciting the movies at him. (This is without the movie being on, mind you.)

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, Holy Grail is another good one. I can't wait until I'm 37 so I can say "I'm 37, I'm not old!" Only about another 2 years, woot! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

You mean besides most of the Disney movies? Roll eyes I cannot believe how many times I've watched Finding Nemo...darn kids.

Michelle

PWL

Has been

Just two that I can think of: Back to the Future and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I used to watch them both incessantly when I was younger. Maybe Ghostbusters too.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Maybe Ghostbusters too.
                That's a good one! Definitely one of my favorites. Smile

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Maybe Ghostbusters too.
                  Oh, we have got to rent this for Dane...I know he would LOVE that movie! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jdmcgregor

All business

The Big Lebowski. Such a great film!

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

Most of the Buster Keaton and earlier Charlie Chaplin movies I know verbatim. Haha. But seriously - the closest movie for me would have to be Bladerunner. It's my #2 favorite movie of all time, and it is very under-spoken with more mood & imagery than dialog. Which makes all the lines the more memorable. And I've seen it probably a hundred times.
                        Nah, no need to be embarrassed, my wife and I see that as a geek badge of honor. We do that with Blazing Saddles as well. Also Holy Grail, Airplane!, Young Frankenstein, High Anxiety, History of the World and The Princess Bride. Can you tell we're Mel Brooks fans? Big grin
                        The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare. -- Juma Ikangaa, Tanzanian marathoner

Help to defeat Lou Gehrig's Disease. Please sponsor me in The Ride to Defeat ALS. I'm riding in memory of my dad.
                        http://runpebsrun.blogspot.com
                          Animal House, Caddyshack (gee, can you guess my age?), Airplane... the list goes on. Johnnypebs - History of the World is one of my favorites. The opening scene (cavemen) gets by a lot of people, but it just destroys me every time I see it! In fact, I hear the DVD calling my name... Big grin

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Looking gooooood ;p

Monty Python Life of Brian..."He's not the Jehova! He's a very naughty boy!" Big grin Big grin Big grin
                            The best route to run is one which takes you furthest from the staff canteen....
                            seeEricaRun

Awesome

I could probably do Grosse Pointe Blank. "I don't want to get into a semantic argument. I just want the protein."
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nah, no need to be embarrassed, my wife and I see that as a geek badge of honor. We do that with Blazing Saddles as well. Also Holy Grail, Airplane!, Young Frankenstein, High Anxiety, History of the World and The Princess Bride. Can you tell we're Mel Brooks fans? Big grin
                                I REALLY want to see the new Young Frankenstein musical that is on Broadway! I'm bummed that we missed Spamalot in Chicago, too. k

~ Sarah Kay